[Namie Amuro] The 95th Thread ♫ Queen's Farewell〜Compilation, Tour & Retirement〜 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 22nd September 2017, 10:25 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Will the Hulu documentary be Japan only?
It looks like it will be. I'm sure we'll get it somehow though.
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:27 PM
from your letter Initiate

I hope avex releases some "Avex Archives" album for Namie like she did with some artists.
Old 22nd September 2017, 10:32 PM
walking proud Initiate

News report about the retirement announcement with footage from the Okinawa show and celebrity comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2wFUL0qK7M

There's been lots of news specials; some even half an hour long. Common themes among them are that even though she is 40, it is too soon and sudden, her huge impact on fashion and other female artists that came after, how impressive her concerts are with no MCs and nonstop dancing for 2 and a half hours in stiletto's etc, and that they think this will be a total retirement; no coming back. Also only artist to have a million seller across 3 decades, and that the timing coincides with her son turning 20, her debut day, and turning 40 and in that way, it really is like a syncronous timing with meaning to it and that may be why she made her decision that it's time to move to the next part of her life.

They are all saying she will be doing an Asian tour. Also, that she needs to perform on Kohaku.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 22nd September 2017 at 11:20 PM.
Old 22nd September 2017, 11:41 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

It's nice to see everyone so supportive about this. I'm starting to get over the grieving, slowly, and starting to realize that this is really good for her. I hope we hear from her from time to time, just a little head's up on her facebook or something, to let us know how she's doing. I know she's a really private person and so I'm not quite sure about the likelihood of that, but it'd still be nice. I wonder if she'll get a haircut. O.O

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 22nd September 2017, 11:50 PM
no more words Initiate

Damn I knew it was coming eventually but this soon and sudden?... I was expecting a hiatus or something, but retire? I was not prepared.
It's definitely an end of an era, not only for her but for us fans as well. Makes me sad to think about that we'll never get new music from her again. But I am really happy for Namie, I hope she can live the life she wants.

But yeah if she could post a few updates once in a while on her social media, so we know she's still alive, would be great. But knowing Namie she's probably gonna vanish completely.

I feel really fortunate that I was able to see her live a couple of times, and I will do everything I can to see the last tour, no matter the costs lol. (tickets are gonna be sooo difficult to get though I assume...)
Old 23rd September 2017, 12:15 AM
Initiate

Wow I didn't expect to read this news, but I can't say I'm surprised. She's been doing music for so long, and while I'd hoped she would continue for a long time I'm glad she's leaving while on top. She was the first J-pop artist I was introduced to though so I'll definitely miss not getting new music from her, but I'm excited for the upcoming releases.
Old 23rd September 2017, 02:11 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
Do people hate WILD or? um
Damn I feel the same way
Old 23rd September 2017, 02:29 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miduhyo View Post
It's nice to see everyone so supportive about this. I'm starting to get over the grieving, slowly, and starting to realize that this is really good for her. I hope we hear from her from time to time, just a little head's up on her facebook or something, to let us know how she's doing. I know she's a really private person and so I'm not quite sure about the likelihood of that, but it'd still be nice. I wonder if she'll get a haircut. O.O
I would have preferred she announce it after her 30th anniversary but it is what it is. We just have to accept it and try to move on.
Old 23rd September 2017, 02:31 AM
Two of us Initiate

I honestly feel like she's going to peace out. We will never hear from her again after she retires.
Old 23rd September 2017, 02:51 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloopy View Post
Damn I knew it was coming eventually but this soon But yeah if she could post a few updates once in a while on her social media, so we know she's still alive, would be great. But knowing Namie she's probably gonna vanish completely.
this makes me wanna sob cuz it's probably true
Old 23rd September 2017, 03:19 AM
CAROLS Initiate

btw I've been looking at some ancient pics of hers:

Spoiler:

gonna miss her but it'll be ok
Old 23rd September 2017, 03:59 AM
P.S II Initiate

I'll miss the music, but I'm also happy for Namie. She's a true legend and contributed so much to modern JPop that she'll never be forgotten.

I really wanted to travel to Japan sometime and see her in concert before she retired, but I never thought it would be this soon. Now I don't know if I'll even be able to since this farewell tour is probably going to be *crazy*. I wonder if they'll extend it since it's likely to sell out at every stop?
Old 23rd September 2017, 05:34 AM
Because of You Initiate

I hope the media would not bother her after her retirement. She wants to have a simple life instead of life with cameras in front of her.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 23rd September 2017, 05:45 AM
starting over Initiate

I'm gonna miss her so much.
Old 23rd September 2017, 08:11 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I watched a lot of these news programs and here and there the "Queen of Hip-Pop rooftop performance" pops up...but I still doubt the thing was ever recorded.

Gosh, everytime I think I#m okay with this I get sad again.
Old 23rd September 2017, 09:25 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
that the timing coincides with her son turning 20
OMG, it is shocking!
Both her and Aruto will have the same age
Joke aside, i would be curious to have a picture of her from time to time to see how she will still look like in her 20's when she will reach 50 yo

I respect her decision, she will leave with a glorious and successful image that people will always remember.
I'm sure the new best album will be at least (if not more) as successful as BEST FICTION.

Instagram

Old 23rd September 2017, 10:25 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
the timing coincides with her son turning 20
I yesterday thought how old her son was. Shiina Ringo's first child must be around the same age now, too.
Time flies.

Also, because the thing about Namie not being passionate keeps creeping up, I'll repeat myself from the last thread:
That's not really what it means, though. It's a matter of priorities. To Ayu music IS life. Didn't Hikki have a hiatus of like 7 years? That seems to be unthinkable of for Ayu.
To Namie music might just not be a top priority. That doesn't mean that she doesn't put her all into it. It's just not her raison d'etre like it is for Ayu.

By the way, to all Namie fans, what would be the essential things to get for a casual listener? ^^

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 23rd September 2017, 10:32 AM
Don't look back Initiate

2018’s tour dates not released??

Also what is PARADISE TRAIN??
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:32 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post

By the way, to all Namie fans, what would be the essential things to get for a casual listener? ^^
Haha great that you mention this, I'm currently making playlists as crazy and thought it would be nice to share different playlists - since, well, we kinda have all but 7 songs and can mix things up.

But first to answer your question: As for tours, I guess it is personal liking but I always love So Crazy Tour the most. As for albums, I don't think you can go wrong with anything. Milestones would be SWEET 19 BLUES, 181920, Queen of Hip-Pop, BEST FICTION.

Now, what songs should be on an "Essential Namie Amuro" Playlist. Most of the songs I put on are not personal favorites, which was really hard to pass by lol:

1. TRY ME
2. Body Feels EXIT
3. SWEET 19 BLUES
4. CAN YOU CELEBRATE?
5. RESPECT the POWER of LOVE
6. NEVER END
7. Uh Uh...
8. So Crazy
9. GIRL TALK
10. BABY DONT CRY
11. NEW LOOK
12. WILD
13. Love Story
14. TSUKI
15. Golden Touch
16. Mint
17. HERO

I don't think such a playlist should exceed 20-25 songs. What ya thinking?

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 23rd September 2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:26 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Also what is PARADISE TRAIN??