[2006] Black Cherry vs. Secret (oh yes, I went there!) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Which album do you enjoy most?
Secret - Ayumi Hamasaki 321 77.72%
Black Cherry - Koda Kumi 92 22.28%
Voters: 413. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th December 2006, 05:46 AM
Are You Wake Up? Initiate

Ok Ok. I listened to both albums all day and I choose Black Cherry.
Why? Because I like more songs on Black Cherry than Secret.

Msmiyabi formerly known as Akurei
MsMiyabi + Koda Kumi!
Proud Koda Kumi Fan Since 2000 & Namie Amuro Fan Since 1995<3
Old 18th December 2006, 05:59 AM
SURREAL Initiate

HAHA I am loving Mad Cactuar's signature! That's so creative. lol

You know, at first I was a little scared for Secret because I had this feeling that Koda was gonna fart out something called an original album. To be honest, Koda's had a pretty good year, great publicity and a new marketability she didn't have two-three years ago. The problem is; 2-3 years ago Koda was more of an R&B/hip-hop kind of girl (imo, her voice sounds better that way). I always figured her to to be more like an advisary to Namie rather than Ayu but ever since Real Emotion her and Ayu have become like enemies...Okay, so Koda's trying to sing more poppy stuff now...that's cool and all but does it sound good? Does she even like it herself? Is it real? These things I just don't see in her and although I'd like to hope that Black Cherry will be the slip-up she needs to improve her talents; I'd like to say that she isn't the only one.

2006 has just been a bad year for music period. Saleswise & Musically.

Overall, Black Cherry will probably sell 500,000 copies in it's first week but it will not exceed 1,000,000 as quickly as her BESTs-era. (that's my prediction) Mostly it's all because of this sudden DIVA-storm that's running this month with Mika-Ayu-Kuu-(there's another girl I just don't remember who is was...). It's like they all come out at the same time with the same colors as their color schemes...did anyone notice that. It's like the BLUE-something association all over again.

Oh yeah...my vote; Secret definitely. That was the best album I've heard all year. I don't care to much for Until that day and Beautiful Fighters but who cares; the rest of it is AMAZING. kiss o' kill makes my day.
Old 18th December 2006, 06:06 AM

May I ask where did the

"Does she even like it herself? Is it real? These things I just don't see in her and although I'd like to hope that Black Cherry will be the slip-up she needs to improve her talents; I'd like to say that she isn't the only one.
"

Come from? The Thread asked which album u though was better. Not for is her real and etc.

MsMiyabi + Koda Kumi!
Old 18th December 2006, 07:11 AM
As if.. Initiate

with all the hype bout BC, i really think its really not worth it..
BC really is horrid to me..i only like puppy, ningyo hime is good too but her vocal here gave me a headache :S

Secret all the way~

Old 18th December 2006, 07:12 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Going on the sales of Cherry Girl/Unmei I think Black cherry will sell less than M(U)

I still think secret is better but Black Cherry is ok.

Last edited by ..:Hot:Like:Wow:..; 18th December 2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 18th December 2006, 08:06 AM
Dolls Initiate

I think just based on the sales of cherry girl/Unmei will not predict the sales of black cherry...the rest of her singles in 2006 did very well....and pluc she released cherry girl very close to black cherry.
Old 18th December 2006, 08:09 AM
Daybreak Initiate

^ i'm comparing it to M(U). the sales for all the singles were very good except for B&D/Pride (also released close to the album plus awkward style). I just noticed "Black Cherry" is going the same way, well it's actually a bit worse.

Last edited by ..:Hot:Like:Wow:..; 18th December 2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 18th December 2006, 08:17 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
while 'Twinkle' could be better with kuu's pronouce. i don't think i will understand it if i don't have the lyrics!!!!! from the album track, i love 'Get Up & Move', the others i still have to get another listen.
I actually thought her pronounce got a lot improved! In past songs I couldn't undertand much, and she would roll her tongue too much. But listening to twinkle, I could actually get a lot of the lyrics by year.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 18th December 2006, 08:46 AM
Will Initiate

Exactly. If you compare real Emo & 1000 Words English ver with Twinkle, Twinkle pwned those two. But still, it is still below average.
Old 18th December 2006, 08:54 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Regardless of the forum though, people will enjoy what they enjoy.
Old 18th December 2006, 09:32 AM
Banned

BC. There were so many different styles on it.
With Secret, it'd be like 'Oh, another rock style song. again.'
The only song I didn't like on BC was WON'T BE LONG ~BC version~. It may have been bearable but for the guy shouting out 'shorties'. Baaad. But it worked as a pre-track to JUICY. The album flowed really well. She coupled Puppy with Koi No Tsubomi, WBL with JUICY, she spread the singles out and it never sounded repetetive.

The instrumentals kinda killed Ayu's for me. They were too soon after one another and halted the flow. Also the singles did not sound right on the album. It's all well and good that the album tracks are good but they should compliment the singles.
Old 18th December 2006, 09:39 AM
Will Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Regardless of the forum though, people will enjoy what they enjoy.
Those guys who enjoy what they enjoy will give a lot of positive/negative reviews about what they enjoy, which could give a big effect to those people who don't enjoy what they enjoy, they may think what they think they should enjoy is not as enjoyable as what they think they would enjoy because they read those reviews from those who has enjoyed what they enjoy.

Last edited by Keishi; 18th December 2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 18th December 2006, 09:45 AM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keishi View Post
Those guys who enjoy what they enjoy will give a lot of positive/negative reviews about what they enjoy, which could give a big effect to those people who don't enjoy what they enjoy, they may think what they think they should enjoy is not as enjoyable as what they thing they would enjoy because they read those reviews from those who has enjoyed what they enjoy.

That didn't make any sense to me, but I think that truehappiness is entirely right
Old 18th December 2006, 09:46 AM
Will Initiate

You know what. I don't even know what I was writing.

I noticed a typo. *hides*
Old 18th December 2006, 09:51 AM
Initiate

I like secret more
Old 18th December 2006, 11:03 AM
Trauma Initiate

KODA KUM FAN HERE!!!

and I chose Secret... I'm kinda sick of Kuu's single tracks.. Listened to them too much... Ayu's new album was fresh... too bad, they resemble alot of her older works...
Old 18th December 2006, 12:44 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpop View Post
^ i'm comparing it to M(U). the sales for all the singles were very good except for B&D/Pride (also released close to the album plus awkward style). I just noticed "Black Cherry" is going the same way, well it's actually a bit worse.
Well I don't really think it's a good comparison because Kuu is really more of an album-seller than Ayu is (she's a single-seller). Cherry Girl/Unmei looks like it will be passing 100k, and that's considered very good considered it's 2 weeks before the album release (compared to Ayu's 4/5 weeks). Plus, Unmei is 2nd most downloaded song on cellphones yesterday (Cherry Girl is 13th). I don't think B&D/Pride reached as TOP 5.
http://recochoku.jp/recochoku_ranking/all.html
Old 18th December 2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929 View Post
Well I don't really think it's a good comparison because Kuu is really more of an album-seller than Ayu is (she's a single-seller). Cherry Girl/Unmei looks like it will be passing 100k, and that's considered very good considered it's 2 weeks before the album release (compared to Ayu's 4/5 weeks). Plus, Unmei is 2nd most downloaded song on cellphones yesterday (Cherry Girl is 13th). I don't think B&D/Pride reached as TOP 5.
http://recochoku.jp/recochoku_ranking/all.html
I don't think the albums should be compared because 1 both albums are totally different. They speak to the fans in 2 totally different ways. And we just got Kumi's album can we learn to love it first?

MsMiyabi + Koda Kumi!
Old 18th December 2006, 01:14 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Secret.
I like "Secret" much more than "Black Cherry". Just because I like ayu.haha~
Old 18th December 2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

The more I listen to it, I'm liking Black Cherry more and more. The ballads are really good, no epics, but still very easy to listen and enjoy. The vocals are weird in the ballads, a lot of feeling yet poorly executed. But it comes across as cute instead of ear-damaging. Tracks like "Candle Light", "Milk Tea" and "Tsuki to taiyou" are really awesome!

And I agree, "Koi no Tsubomi" is enough to warrant the CD full marks. Still I can't stand the ridiculously crappy version of "WON'T BE LONG". It's like someone only used Acid, Fruityloops or Nero Soundtrax to remix the song.

Ballad-wise, I have to say that Black Cherry and Secret both lose to BESTYO. Hitoto's ballads are so beautiful, such as "Kazaguruma" and "Hanamizuki".

But I still choose Secret, though I might buy Black Cherry and BESTYO too. Three of the best J-POP albums this year from female artistes. Not to mention Utada's effort. I don't get the hype about Ayaka's songs though, they're so normal. Ok, this is getting out of topic.

Last edited by Mad_Cactuar; 18th December 2006 at 01:32 PM.