Sunrise/Sunset Recochoku Rankings Official Thread ~LOVE is ALL~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 4th August 2009, 03:11 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Yeah. Japan doesn't like Ayu's rock music much. Plus this is a veeeeeeeery GENKI song as waterballoon said.
Old 5th August 2009, 05:47 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozz View Post
this single does better in digital than others. I'm affraid the single sales will be like t2ms/decision
hmmm. I don't think I can make a guess as to which way the sales will go for this single. I could easily see it go either way. Happy summer songs tend to do well for her, but then also this is her first single in a while to have just two versions and not many people seem like they like the covers either. It's a toss up for me.
Old 5th August 2009, 08:30 AM
Lelio Protector

It seems that people really love Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ PV!
Or is it easy to get #1 on the full PVs chart? xD

2nd Week Positions

chaku uta: #3 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
chaku uta: #8 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~
RBT: #5 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
Incoming Movie Clips: #1 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
Incoming Movie Clips: #2 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~

Added Charters

Incoming Movie Clips
(着信ムービー)

#71 Days PV

3rd Week First Day - August 4th

chaku uta: #3 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ ↓
chaku uta: #10 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ ↑
RBT: #6 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ ↑
Incoming Movie Clips: #4 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ ↓

Added Charters

Video Clips

#87 Days PV ↑
#94 Rule PV ↑
#99 SEASONS PV ↑

Incoming Movie Clips
(着信ムービー)

#71 Days PV ↑
#87 Days Clip from ayumi hamasaki PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE 2008-2009 ↑
Old 5th August 2009, 08:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I still think that Rule/Sparkle was a good indicator for where sales were since for being an album-promo single basically, it did really well [130k total!]~
Old 5th August 2009, 08:36 AM
count down Initiate

SEASONS on the charts... O_o lol randomness overload for Recochoku.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 5th August 2009, 09:23 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Why? I don't see a single reason to think that way. Especially considering Rule/Sparkle cleared t2m/decision sales easily.
No i'm just wondering about that... hopefully it doesnt like that
Old 5th August 2009, 10:30 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozz View Post
No i'm just wondering about that... hopefully it doesnt like that
oh ^_^ oke~ Well, Soundscan posted the numbers for separate editions of Rule/Sparkle's first week sales and you can clearly see that ver. b & ver. c each sold 10k and 5k respectively while the CD+DVD ver. sold around 41k which clearly shows that people aren't buying all the versions, therefor I think that multiple versions don't really boost your sales as much as some people here claim they do. So I don't think the fact that the single has 2 versions will reflect significantly on it's sales.

After all No Way To Say only had one version, Moments had 2, her popularity was pretty much on the same level when the 2 were released. Moments sold less.

MW and Days sold as much as they did, because they had loads of gimmicks and were 10th Anniversary singles + no one can deny that Days was a popular song, even if MW wasn't. Plus even if there was no "AVEX magic" at work on weekend (MW) it would still sell around 170k.

Here are the numbers Soundscan posted for Days/GREEN:

First week:
1 - * Days/GREEN(初回限定特殊パッケージA CD+DVD)/浜崎あゆみ08.12.17 37,013
2 - * GREEN/Days(初回限定特殊パッケージB CD+DVD)/浜崎あゆみ 08.12.17 31,777
6 - * Days/GREEN/浜崎あゆみ 08.12.17 10,455
11 - * GREEN/Days/浜崎あゆみ 08.12.17 8,250

Of course there is no way to prove that 31.777 people who both ver. B were the people who had already bought ver. A But it shows that CD only vers. are not that popular. Rule/Sparkle should indicate better how much are people actually interested in buying ALL the versions of the same release.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 5th August 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:06 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ About the multiple editions things. I don't think it clearly shows anything other than that having multiple versions can only positively effect sales, not negatively. Otherwise, record companies wouldn't even bother doing it to begin with.

Also, I would say that her popularity was on different levels for NWTS and Moments. Of course she was still popular during both, but NWTS was her big winter ballad that year and she got the Japan Record Award for it - the song was all over the place. Very different situation from Moments. Plus NWTS had tons of remixes and stuff on it. Really doesn't surprise me that it sold more. If you are going to make that argument, then you have to say that all post NWTS singles had multiple versions and all have sold less than most of her prior singles which had only one version. As we know, there are several factors other than the versions that account for the sales decreases.

The most recent standard we have for her releasing a 2 version single is Talkin' 2 Myself and that was a major let down sales wise by Ayu standards.(and I wish it had done better since I love both songs) What I would really like to know is what her sales would be with only 1 version like back in the old days.

side note: It's interesting to me that her cd+dvd sales are so much higher than her cd only sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
It all depends on if there are any other major PVs released the same week for download.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 5th August 2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:36 AM
Lelio Protector

Well the PVs were kind of against EXILE's 優しい光 and miliyah's Aitai.

Sunset also did great! It would have get #1 weekly if Sunrise wasn't there
Old 5th August 2009, 11:39 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^ About the multiple editions things. I don't think it clearly shows anything other than that having multiple versions can only positively effect sales, not negatively. Otherwise, record companies wouldn't even bother doing it to begin with.

Also, I would say that her popularity was on different levels for NWTS and Moments. Of course she was still popular during both, but NWTS was her big winter ballad that year and she got the Japan Record Award for it - the song was all over the place. Very different situation from Moments. Plus NWTS had tons of remixes and stuff on it. Really doesn't surprise me that it sold more. If you are going to make that argument, then you have to say that all post NWTS singles had multiple versions and all have sold less than her prior singles which had only one version. As we know, there are several factors other than the versions that account for the sales decreases.

The most recent standard we have for her releasing a 2 version single is Talkin' 2 Myself and that was a major let down sales wise by Ayu standards.(and I wish it had done better since I love both songs)

side note: It's interesting to me that her cd+dvd sales are so much higher than her cd only sales.

It all depends on if there are any other major PVs released the same week for download.
Of course the multiple versions aren't going to negatively affect the sales, however Rule/Sparkle sales show that people aren't really interested in CD only versions. Therefore I think that those alone don't (obviously) boost the sales that much.

As for her CD+DVD sales being higher, I think that people simply appreciate her PVs and the random popping of her older videos on Recochoku pretty much shows that they're generally liked. On the other hand fans might be the majority buying those. I guess we'll never know.

btw forgiveness sold less than all of her MY STORY and all of her (m)u singles prior to B&D/Pride. Even BLUE BIRD outsold it.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 5th August 2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:41 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ I had edited my post before you posted to say "most." Because of course even her earliest singles sold less than the ones today.

Quote:
Well the PVs were kind of against EXILE's 優しい光 and miliyah's Aitai.

Sunset also did great! It would have get #1 weekly if Sunrise wasn't there
From what I can see, Exile got #1 and #2 in the ビデオクリップランキング and Ayu got the 着信ムービーランキング. I'm not sure what exactly the difference is between the two though - although I think the former is the full pv and the later just a clip. The chart that currently has Ayu and Exile on it together(incoming movie chart), is not Exile's first week of release so its difficult to say exactly where Ayu ranks in comparison. (in its first week of release it was #1 and #1 for the month) I actually don't like Exile at all though, so it would be fine if Ayu beats them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
As for her CD+DVD sales being higher, I think that people simply appreciate her PVs and the random popping of her older videos on Recochoku pretty much shows that they're generally liked. On the other hand fans might be the majority buying those. I guess we'll never know.
I mean that's what I'm assuming. (the fans mainly buying cd+dvd) A few years ago I think it would be legitimate to say that people would buy it just for her PVs. But lets face it, most of her PVs lately aren't that great. And then especially considering that they always show up on the album cd+dvd later anyways.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 5th August 2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:50 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
I mean that's what I'm assuming. (the fans mainly buying cd+dvd) A few years ago I think it would be legitimate to say that people would buy it just for her PVs. But lets face it, most of her PVs lately aren't that great. And then especially considering that they always show up on the album cd+dvd later anyways.
Yeah that's what I'd say, but Japanese public did like BLUE BIRD PV and well I thought it was pretty dumb. So our tastes tend to differ from theirs, while I thought GREEN PV was better, Days PV is still charting on Recochoku, or at least it was during the last week. I guess they like videos that are more simple and down to earth.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th August 2009, 11:59 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ I think its more that they prefer simple/down to earth sounding songs like Days and therefore it gives them more incentive to get the PV too. (although Days PV is not bad) But even in Japan, in my experience when it comes to talking about her PVs from artistic perspectives they favor many of her "classic" PVs.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:11 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ might be that as well. Well some of her "classics" are amazing, but I think that 1LOVE, is this LOVE?, momentum, alterna and a couple of others are on pair if not better than the majority of her older PVs, still I'd like to see something like Endless sorrow or Daybreak in the future.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th August 2009, 12:23 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
From what I can see, Exile got #1 and #2 in the ビデオクリップランキング and Ayu got the 着信ムービーランキング. I'm not sure what exactly the difference is between the two though - although I think the former is the full pv and the later just a clip. The chart that currently has Ayu and Exile on it together(incoming movie chart), is not Exile's first week of release so its difficult to say exactly where Ayu ranks in comparison. (in its first week of release it was #1 and #1 for the month) I actually don't like Exile at all though, so it would be fine if Ayu beats them.

Well I don't know if it means anything though I found this http://oops-music.com/info/view_news.html?nid=46038

It says the perfume's "One Room Disco" PV "will be" aired on 25th March and the 着ムービー was released on 11th March (they didn't mention video clip which might be the short versions or parts).
I don't know if it says anything but maybe it means that the movie thing is the full PV? Or else they would write there "video clip". Not sure.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:51 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

wow! sunrise and sunset always on the TOP *o*
thanks for the info ^^

IG | YT | PR

Old 5th August 2009, 04:22 PM
count down Initiate

About the discussion of PVs... PVs like Days are very relate-able. Who hasn't had a crush who didn't reciprocate your feelings? On the other hand, not everyone is a diva making weird facial expressions and gracing the streets of 1930's China... (GREEN).

Sunrise is a fun PV, it's just cute and nice to see Ayu being jumpy and happy. I think that's why people like the PV.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 5th August 2009, 05:43 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:

2nd Week Positions

chaku uta: #3 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
chaku uta: #8 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~
RBT: #5 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
Incoming Movie Clips: #2 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~

Added Charters

Incoming Movie Clips
(着信ムービー)

#71 Days PV

3rd Week First Day - August 4th

chaku uta: #3 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ ↓
chaku uta: #10 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ ↑
RBT: #6 Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ ↑
Incoming Movie Clips: #4 Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ ↓
Wow! People really do like PV!
Single might be a Big hit in Japan. Hehe
That's good.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 5th August 2009, 06:44 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I kind of wonder why Japan purchases so much more of the CD+DVD versions than the CD only versions, but I suppose you could chalk it up to Japanese listeners wanting the music videos in high quality NOW as opposed to 7 months down the road when she releases the album, haha.
Old 5th August 2009, 07:10 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
About the discussion of PVs... PVs like Days are very relate-able. Who hasn't had a crush who didn't reciprocate your feelings? On the other hand, not everyone is a diva making weird facial expressions and gracing the streets of 1930's China... (GREEN).

Sunrise is a fun PV, it's just cute and nice to see Ayu being jumpy and happy. I think that's why people like the PV.
very true....XD

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, sunrise / sunset