14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [III] - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th December 2012, 07:41 AM
appears Initiate

^^
Then Maro will be Ayu "Last Angel -Episode II-". Hahahaha!
Old 28th December 2012, 07:54 AM
Because of You Initiate

LOVEagain or LOVE again?

The LOVE word with again reminds me LOVEppears.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 28th December 2012, 08:23 AM
Dolls Initiate

such a similar atmosphere like Love songs ^^
So sultry and gorgeous.
Love the covers, but wtf? Only 7 new songs and 1 new PV? :|

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 28th December 2012, 08:33 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoberlin View Post
I don't know if this was posted but...

the photobook has 24 pages.

※数量限定生産盤/ayupanフィギュア付き(1個)/PHOTO BOOK(24P)

http://www.avexnet.or.jp/ayu/jp/news/121227.html
how disappointing, unless the pb is larger than the standard size ones.
Old 28th December 2012, 08:57 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embleu View Post
Untitled for her ... story 2 has piqued my curiosity. I love the original Untitled ~for Her~, and this is the first time she's released a part two this long after the first, so ...
Well, Untitled~for her~ was written after the death of Ayu's precious friend, & so for this person. It's the same thing for the story 2. Remember her fall tweet: R.I.P.

For Melody pv, it was obvious that we'll get it. Because she didn't keep the same pv concept when she decided to change melody's pv by missing's pv for LOVE. She just put aside Melody's one & now, she just take it out from the cupboard.
Old 28th December 2012, 09:14 AM
Replace Initiate

I hope the pictures in the photobook are really new and unseen. because if otherwise, it is really a disaster
Old 28th December 2012, 09:17 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

how did japanese people react to the news so far?
Old 28th December 2012, 09:18 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
People are miscontruing my point. Not buying releases =/= not being a true fan.

What is a fan? Someone who enjoys the material an artist puts out? Their personality, something about them, etc.? Regardless, they are a business, a product. If people didn't buy her releases, she wouldn't be anywhere near where she is today. It doesn't make you more or less of a fan if you buy or don't buy releases. Personally I take pride in the fact that I own everything and every version, because that's my choice. I just don't understand the mindset of people who don't WANT to own anything despite being a fan. It's just a little weird.

PS Chibi-chan yes I brag and I'm gonna keep doing so because I'm proud and excited and blessed that I'm in a position to do so. Oh well
I think people are just sensitive about the use of the term "true fan". I do understand what you're saying, and I do agree with your position. Personally, though, I don't necessarily think that being a fan requires a financial transaction (I'm a fan of high fashion and modern art, but I'm sure I won't be able to buy a made-to-order suit or art yet). You can be a fan through other channels: spreading the word, writing, criticizing, recommending.

However, music is a business and the simple reality is if you want Ayu to continue making music, you have to buy her music. If you don't, then she stops. Eventually. That's why artists need your financial support. You can't just freeload and download illegally without the consequences. I think a lot of people don't get that.

Last edited by Uemarasan; 28th December 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 28th December 2012, 09:22 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_D_Ruffy16 View Post
how did japanese people react to the news so far?
according to SunshineSlayer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Ok, so I spoke with one of my Japanese friends yesterday - he is in Team Ayu and a fan since 1998. He said that the Japanese fans aren't really upset about Love Again because everyone in general expected it to happen. He was like, "well it's Avex. What did you expect?" He said he could understand foreign fans being upset though because they aren't as familiar with how Avex works. But he said that most people in Japan regard Avex as a very dirty company.
Old 28th December 2012, 09:40 AM
poker face Initiate

I would buy the albums, but I don't have the money for it.I love her musicbut sometimes it's even hard for my family to buy something to eat, and everytime we get new clothes, they are gifts from others.
The worst thing is, if we don't sell our house till the en of february we lose it.
So believe me, I would give money for the albums if I could, but I am not able to do so.
Old 28th December 2012, 10:21 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
according to SunshineSlayer:
Ayu is only a product for AVEX. I feel bad ayu has been changing because of this company.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 28th December 2012, 10:47 AM
I am... Initiate

Actually I thought when Love came out, some people speculated that her 5 releases would be minis that would culminate in one mega album. Most fans here should be familiar with the way the Japanese music industry operates and thinking that Ayu acts independently of Avex is not very realistic.

But I do feel their marketing tactics this time round have been misleading, especially since Ayu's fanbase seem more album-oriented than singles. It's really a pity they had to choose this way to lead up to her 15th anniversary. I just hope that the many fans or ex-fans who didn't get Love and again would find this purchase truly worth getting and support her once again.
Old 28th December 2012, 10:52 AM
appears Initiate

Owh ayu~~please sing "Poker Face ~15th Anniversary Ver.~"!! Hehehe
Old 28th December 2012, 11:36 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I also spoke to a Japanese facebook friend and asked him how he feels about it, being one of Ayu's younger fans. He said that he thinks that releasing those mini's wasn't Ayu's intention and that avex handled the things the wrong way and that he will purchase the album.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 28th December 2012, 11:49 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I'm sure I'll buy the album, but I won't be getting LOVE and again separately.

I didn't buy them because I wanted to know what she is releasing for her 15th anniversary, but I can understand why people feel so betrayed.

I always wait some time until I buy her stuff, but it's only because of AVEX... ¬¬
Old 28th December 2012, 12:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
the song is boring as hell, so no chance there.
lol well there are people who think it's best on LOVE so, we'll see, but i doubt anyone who think it's borring will change their minds even if PV was amazing xD everyone would still say it was borring as f because the song is borring XD It's actually kinda weird to hear someone stating that there's no chance for a good PV because the song is supposedly borring...I actualy find Jewel on a borring ballad side (while 99% of the forum thinks it's a masterpiece from heavens), but the PV is stunning and i actually started liking the song just because of the PV xD
Old 28th December 2012, 12:13 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
Look at all my playbuttons!! It upsets me that I can't order the LOVE again playbutton!! smh

Spoiler:

...OK OK, I'll stop being obnoxious now.

I do really want that LOVE again play button though.

This post made my morning.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I'm prepared to pay for the JP press or if I should cancel my preorder and switch to a cheaper version after alternative presses are announced. :/ Definitely will buy it though.

last.fm

Old 28th December 2012, 12:17 PM
YOU Initiate

I used to buy her albums/singles when they were released, and a lot of the time because I was broke I had to buy the OS version. Yup. I've been a fan for about....12 years now?

I have magazines, posters, VHS tapes, etc etc blah blah and I always wanted to support Ayu because it was important and her music was an important part of my life. When my grandmother passed away, I listened to "I Am..." nonstop and to me that album is perfect.

So I will always love Ayu even if I don't buy her albums with such a passion the way I did before. But, I will say this, this release does disappoint me but I am not surprised at all. I knew Avex would do this because that's just how they are, they are a record label and record labels are not known for being people with big hearts. They see fans as consumers. Artists see fans differently.

In that approach, fans as consumers, this is a really silly move. This is all leading up to her 15th anniversary and what is Avex and her team doing? Going in circles.

As fans, I think we are allowed to be critical of our faves and not be called lesser fans just for pointing out something. You can be critical of something and still love it. I think Ayu is in a creative block because no one is being critical around her and no one is pushing her to make better, or challenging music. The idea seems to be: Put out more music regardless of it's quality.

I liked some of the singles from the minis~singles, but I didn't buy them because I had a hunch that they would show up again. I might buy this album but there's a good chance that I will not. Does that make me less of a fan? I don't think so, maybe some would say it does. I want Ayu to do well, I really do. I think she needs a break. If this doesn't sell well, maybe she will take a break. Maybe she has to re-invent herself or something. I mean she went through a marriage and a divorce and a new relationship plus recording and working, with little to zero time for actual reflection. Girl needs to slow down and process stuff. But it's obvious now, her creative work is suffering and something has to change.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:39 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didz-19 View Post
^^
Then Maro will be Ayu "Last Angel -Episode II-". Hahahaha!
You mean "story 2" Shot in same location, or even just CG Maro's head on Mannie's body hahahaha

On the 15th album called LOVE again ~again~

Gonna get the CD only and maybe an OS press of the CD+DVD after the anniversary project is over so I don't give a second official sale to this travesty xD

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 28th December 2012, 12:42 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Just read about this...is Ayu (or avex, or both) TRYING to destroy her career and turn her 15th anniversary into a disaster? Because it sure feels like it. So, they make this big deal about how these releases are "for the fans, not about sales", but refuse to call the "mini-albums" singles because of her stupid streak, tell fans that they will get a special gift if they buy all the releases, but then pull THIS? Seriously? ::headdesk:: I hope the rest of her 15th anniversary releases aren't more shining examples of how dirty a company avex is :/
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, love again