[OFFICIAL] A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ covers out! - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 12th August 2008, 12:40 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Wow!!! Love it but I like the 3CD only cover more!!!
Want it but can't have it yet...

rusuke's music Livejournal /// rusuke's music blogspot

Ayumi Hamasaki is my Right wing and GACKT is my Left wing

Loving AYU ~15th AYU-versary~(2002.02.02)

Old 12th August 2008, 01:16 PM
I am... Initiate

To those that don't like the cover because ayu looks stoned or it's not creative enough, i have no idea how you guys came this sort of conclusion.

First of all, tyra banks looks way more stoned whenever she does psuedo top model faces with fierce eyes or whatever. At the worst, the CD+DVD cover just looks like ayu doesn't understand something. How is that stoned?! I look like that whenever i don't have directions!

Second, so it's not the most creative thing ever but at least it's aesthetically pleasing and there are some of you going "ew!" I know we are supposed to respect people's opinions but that's just so far out for me. If you hear someone playing a beethoven piece, are you going to go "That's so uncreative. Play something you originally composed"? Ayu looks great on the cover, far more beautiful than Guilty if you ask me (though THAT'S creative i'll grant you). Even if it's not creative, at least respect it for it's beauty.

Sorry i just feel a little strongly about these off-hand remarks.
Old 12th August 2008, 01:27 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
To those that don't like the cover because ayu looks stoned or it's not creative enough, i have no idea how you guys came this sort of conclusion.

First of all, tyra banks looks way more stoned whenever she does psuedo top model faces with fierce eyes or whatever. At the worst, the CD+DVD cover just looks like ayu doesn't understand something. How is that stoned?! I look like that whenever i don't have directions!

Second, so it's not the most creative thing ever but at least it's aesthetically pleasing and there are some of you going "ew!" I know we are supposed to respect people's opinions but that's just so far out for me. If you hear someone playing a beethoven piece, are you going to go "That's so uncreative. Play something you originally composed"? Ayu looks great on the cover, far more beautiful than Guilty if you ask me (though THAT'S creative i'll grant you). Even if it's not creative, at least respect it for it's beauty.

I agree

At the end of the day, as usal it's either people expected too much or they just want to get exactly what they wished for and if it's not that then it's "ew, uncreative, boring" etc.

Those covers are just pretty and fit the A COMPLETE feel (compilation album which is not A BEST series).
Old 12th August 2008, 02:00 PM
Dolls Initiate

Agree with solarangel, and personally I feel that the jokes are abit too mean and crude =/
Old 12th August 2008, 02:12 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwiz View Post
Agree with solarangel, and personally I feel that the jokes are abit too mean and crude =/
Don't worry, most of those peole are

"wtf are those ugly covers and this stupid album???" (*going to order a copy or two *)
Old 12th August 2008, 02:44 PM
WE WISH Initiate

They're alright. Kinda a new style of cover shoot so its awkward to see at first but for a glamour shoot you can't really ask for anything better.

I like the 3CD+DVD one
Old 12th August 2008, 03:44 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:

Seriously, it's like no one's ever happy with anything =/... A lot of you wanted new photos, you got new photos, and you spend most of your time saying how "bad" they are =/... It's like people who complain about the release in general when it's something that was totally expected...

Old 12th August 2008, 04:08 PM
SAKURA Initiate

i think i'd rather see pretty covers that are actually of ayu herself, than to just see a big fat A slapped on the covers, haha. so i have nooo problems with how these covers turned out.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 12th August 2008, 04:25 PM
immature Initiate

great covers. I like the style. the attitude in CD+DVD is a bonus. glad that I'm picking it up

Instagram: Jalives

How tired I am of this unbearable distance between us. How I long for the toll of the recess bell. Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? Tell me I am not writing into an abyss or that is what will become of my heart...
Old 12th August 2008, 04:48 PM
ever free Initiate

GOD... The covers are kinda of... unpolished? Way too much lightning, specially in the 2nd one (I can barely see her nose LOL). The set/dress/hair is ok but they could have done something more original... I mean she has singles with better covers than this. And her pose... the idea is ok, but those were the best shots of all the photoshoot? REALLY? Because in the CD only one she looks like she is saying "Gimme my ****in money, ya pimp!" mixed with a slight doubt of down syndrome. Her right eye is more closed than the left one! LOL. The DVD is better, but she looks like she is saying "hihihi Iīm sooooo rich!!! Cest la vie! huhu". Cīmon... but well, itīs no so bad anyway. But they had the huge chance to do something really great in the artistic department with this...

P.S.: And the whole leopard/panter theme is a bit overused for Ayu after Duty and Guilty xD
Old 12th August 2008, 04:50 PM
winding road Initiate

^It's not leopard o_O It's a gold colored dress/top o_O They look more like scales than leopard print o_O

Old 12th August 2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumikomishitate View Post
I think this is going to be the first official thing that I'm going to buy. Anyone know how I'm able to watch the DVDs though?
Or on TV, DVD player, etc. if you don't live in the US. (e.g. if you live in Europe)
Old 12th August 2008, 05:16 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumikomishitate View Post
I think this is going to be the first official thing that I'm going to buy. Anyone know how I'm able to watch the DVDs though?
If you do not care about authencity you could always wait to see if bootlegged copies will pop out on Ebay. They will be extremely cheap compared to the real one and they will be region free, any DVD player from around the world can play them.

Or if you are an authenticity freak like me, what I have been doing recently is I've been getting the DVD versions of releases I have been purchasing then I make a copy of the DVD with my computer. That way I can have a DVD that I can play on my computer and a region free DVD I can play on my DVD player while still having the real deal.
Old 12th August 2008, 05:40 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
^It's not leopard o_O It's a gold colored dress/top o_O They look more like scales than leopard print o_O
Ops my fault xD LOL I thought it was leopard, but looking more closely at it I see it isnīt. xD Anyway the color scheme is just like Guilty, only a bit brighter.
Old 12th August 2008, 06:31 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumikomishitate
a region code free dvd player. or you can search dvd hacks depending on what type of dvd player you have, allowing you to change region codes so that ayu dvds can be region-free. I used one of their hacks for my yamakawa dvd player and I was amazed at how i was able to change the region code to free or '0'. next, i was able to watch MY STORY DVD

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
Old 12th August 2008, 06:43 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Second, so it's not the most creative thing ever but at least it's aesthetically pleasing and there are some of you going "ew!" I know we are supposed to respect people's opinions but that's just so far out for me.
I really don't like the 3CD one, what's the problem with that? O_O
The other one is really beautiful (not the kind of cover I wanted, but it's beautiful), but I'm really gonna say "ew!" to sth I dislike, like that cover.
Old 12th August 2008, 06:46 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Guys, Ayu does really ~*deep*~ stuff almost all the time already. Give the woman a break. Not every cover has to have some really profound spiritual message behind it. It's been 10 years since her debut. Let her do glitzy eye-candy once in a while.

Just because she has va-va-voom hair and a jeweled gown doesn't make her any less of an intellectual or emotionally moving person. It just means she wants to get dressed up and live it up for her 10th anniversary. Not a big deal.

★★ BIG BANG: Japanese expansion, June 2009! ★★

♫ w-inds x G - D R A G O N: "Rain is Falling" out now!

Old 12th August 2008, 07:41 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by namiie View Post
Guys, Ayu does really ~*deep*~ stuff almost all the time already. Give the woman a break. Not every cover has to have some really profound spiritual message behind it. It's been 10 years since her debut. Let her do glitzy eye-candy once in a while.

Just because she has va-va-voom hair and a jeweled gown doesn't make her any less of an intellectual or emotionally moving person. It just means she wants to get dressed up and live it up for her 10th anniversary. Not a big deal.
This. It's like people think that because she's had glitz and glam covers, she lacks the depth that she did before. What the heck kind of assumption is that?
Old 12th August 2008, 07:52 PM
no more words Initiate

I still hope that hair's just a wig or some badly done extensions.

Or at least change the colour, honey. There's nothing worse in the world than rotten-blonde and I'm speaking from personal experience here :/
Old 12th August 2008, 08:33 PM
Interlude Initiate

i actually like it, even if it is only a headshot. again.

i am very surprised so many people don't like it, but then again she does covers like this all the time now. i do not think she will do some creative covers again, rather show how beautiful she is. yup, sad. i wanna see some good cg again! XD

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a complete ~all singles~, cover, hamasaki ayumi