The Happiness of Ayumi Hamasaki - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd January 2011, 10:37 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^Because it's not okay to just look at a person (who doesn't even look like anything out of the ordinary btw) and just decide who he is.

I feel like when I was in high school, and I had this super religious friend, who thought she could tell who was a virgin or not, just by the way their skin looked.

She would be all like 'oh no she looks like she has "touched skin"'.

Yeah. That's how freaking ridiculous you sound right now.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 3rd January 2011, 10:47 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_ready? View Post
I look at her husband and have a bad feeling about him, without knowing him. I look at him and don't like him. what's bad in this? what's unusual about me having my own opinion...huh
if I don't like him I can't write "He's amazing, smart and suitable".
But the thing is, you haven't even taken the time to find out who he is, look up anything about him or his career (obviously since you didn't know what his profession is). And you automatically judge him based on his looks...(which he gets paid for).
I'm sorry but your opinion is really ridiculous.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:05 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

She's already done so much for me, for us. For once, we need to leave her be and let her live her life the way she wants. She's married. It's done. We fans can't do anything about it except congratulate her, wish her luck, happiness, and togetherness. That's all we can do. That's all we SHOULD do, even if we have doubts and worries (since I'm pretty sure she does know what she's getting into and knows all the risks and repercussions of said risks).

Quote:
this quote "she's a smart woman" just drives me nuts. do you know what love can do to a person? go and read some classical literature if don't agree or feel offended
Classical literature is just that: literature. Sure, a lot of it makes excellent points about love, but it's not the be all and end all of how to love. I wouldn't use classical literature as a reference point of which steps I should take to ensure a stable relationship.

Even if she is in that euphoric stage of a relationship, she's had plenty of experience to know what's best for her at the moment. If that means getting married after allegedly 4 months, so be it.

A couple of other people have pointed out your other fallacy of judging Mannie by his looks without even bothering to further research him, so I won't touch on that.

cropped by me, fanart by the-chokey

Old 3rd January 2011, 11:26 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'm really, really happy for her, even if I personally think it's rushed to marry after 4 months. But I wish both of them all the best, lots of great and happy times together!

By the way we as fans can't claim judging Mannie, cause we don't know him, don't know his character etc. Ayu is the one to make the decision, it's her life and I'm sure Mannie is a good guy even with his flaws.
Love searches strange ways sometimes and nobody knows the future, so let's support Ayu enjoying her happy days right know.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 3rd January 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:52 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
this quote "she's a smart woman" just drives me nuts. do you know what love can do to a person? go and read some classical literature if don't agree or feel offended
well, just because of what love can do, you can't say she's stupid, can you? she proved so many times that she's mature and has a head on her shoulders, plus books are books, some of them are supposed to be crazy and abnormal.

What I was trying to say is that even if she does mistakes, even if this step is one of them, let her be, she's SMART enough to later learn from it and don't repeat that again. As I already said on some other thread if it was fated for her to get hurt, she will and all the people in the world won't be able to stop it.

None of us are forced to like Mannie nor to like her decision, but at least we all should learn to express our opinion in a civilized and polite way and at least, if you're not happy about what she did, and with who she is, then at least try to be happy that she's happy.

I can't say I totally love Mannie and think he's super awesome and supper cool. I can admit to that he's not my type here, BUT, he doesn't have to be MY type, right? it was Ayu who decided to chose this way, not us, and we shouldn't judge him without even trying to understand WHY, or what she liked about him that much. Some of the fans are instantly jumping to conclusions and making judgments without even trying to get to know the reasons. Besides when you think about it..Who's actually in a rush to make a decision here, Ayu or some of her fans?

And again you can never understand someone's actions unless you got yourself in the same situation. In this case we all should think about being in Ayu's shoes, being a super popular persona in Japan who's life is like under a microscope and preasure from fans in teh country

Last edited by BlackSilence; 3rd January 2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:55 PM
Initiate

Yeah, I think just the same. I hate that when some of Ayu's fans act like spoiled brats. I'm honestly so happy for them. When I heard about the marriage, I was so happy I couldn't do anything but smile the whole day.
I don't know about you, but for me, I love to see Ayu happy. Give her the change to rest and enjoy her happiness. That's the best thing I know.

And besides, why someone here are so worried? Ayu has said herself, that she isn't going to end her career.
I mean, Ayu is not some pretty object you can handle just like you want. She's person.
And her fans aren't Ayumi Hamasaki. So please, stop acting like every deciosion Ayu makes that don't suit your personal tastes shouldn't suit for Ayu either.

☆Heartful thanks to ownsarai

Last edited by Eewyi; 3rd January 2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:32 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
this quote "she's a smart woman" just drives me nuts. do you know what love can do to a person? go and read some classical literature if don't agree or feel offended.
Oh my. Let's not bring classical literature into the discussion. I mean, literature is an artistic construction of reality. Really, you don't want to open that can of worms.

There's a difference between being smart and being smart about love and relationships, and I think most people were referring to Ayu being the latter. Sure, love makes fools out of the most intelligent, but I think people here just hope that Ayu is smart enough not to be that naive.

Sure, you are free to have an opinion, and everyone else is free to have an opinion on your opinion. It's an endless, vicious cycle

Last edited by Uemarasan; 3rd January 2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:38 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
^Because it's not okay to just look at a person (who doesn't even look like anything out of the ordinary btw) and just decide who he is.

I feel like when I was in high school, and I had this super religious friend, who thought she could tell who was a virgin or not, just by the way their skin looked.

She would be all like 'oh no she looks like she has "touched skin"'.

Yeah. That's how freaking ridiculous you sound right now.
This is such a hilarious story "Touched skin"! Who says that in this day and age? Is she channeling the spirit of a Puritan germaphobe?
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:44 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
I look at her husband and have a bad feeling about him, without knowing him. I look at him and don't like him. what's bad in this? what's unusual about me having my own opinion...huh

so according to your logic if I say this, I'm a bad fan. sorry I'm not screaming "yatta" all the way around

and some people are like that too. you jump to conclusion and say that fans offend, disrespect and much more. I mean, wtf? just expressing opinion

if I don't like him I can't write "He's amazing, smart and suitable".
Some people just click! What's wrong with that? I'm sorry he's not Tomoya Nagase! In case you've forgotten, they broke up in 2007! You just got to accept the fact that ayu is someone who makes her smile and can let her be herself without regrets! Besides, the old saying goes "You can't judge a book by its cover". I feel like you're basing him on his looks without researching about him! lol So, the next time you want to be a biased, ignorant idiot, do a little research! Oh and go read a Jane Austin book if you disagree! After all, ayu's old enough to make her own decisions and make her own mistakes!

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm

Last edited by YuriChan; 3rd January 2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:57 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 View Post

"What about the language barrier?"

1. Ayu is a fluent, if not nearly fluent, english speaker. Mannie most likely the same.
2. When you're in love, things such as languages and talking aren't really that important.
3. Ever been in love with someone with a different native language? No? Then shut up.
Talking is over rated. I'm in a relationship with a Japanese man who speaks no english and somehow we make it work.(In the same amount of time Ayu and Mannie have known each other, we've moved in together^_^) It can definitely be difficult and frustrating but is doable.
Old 3rd January 2011, 03:08 PM
TO BE Initiate

^see? another example. love doesn't has a default script. if it works for yourself and your partner, that's all.

Last edited by dulceku; 3rd January 2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 03:14 PM
count down Initiate

u know, for the people hating on Mannie for whatever reasons u have...

don't u think it's reli rude & insulting to, hate on someone's husband when u dun even know him personally? what's worse is this someone is ur so-called idol and blah blah - Ayu!!

like I know Ayumixx here just got married recently.. how would she feel if we told her, "ur husband sucks, we don't like him, cos we just don't."

I'm sorry but, that's just so insensitive to Ayu especially.. imagine how her heart would break if she read all the hate comments here towards her husband!

& most importantly, sorry but none of us here actually knows Mannie personally, so none of us have the right to insult him or call him names and all that. Ayu is the one who knows him, the one who wanted to marry him, so OBVIOUSLY she knows him well enough to her own standard to think, "he's a good person", right??

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 3rd January 2011, 03:20 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

All I can say that if you don't like ayu's decision and can't respect it, then GTFO. She doesn't need your biased hate. (My apologize to the supportive fans that had to see it! )

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm

Last edited by YuriChan; 3rd January 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 03:51 PM
Who... Initiate

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

I do have a bit of a fear that this will change Ayu (even though she has stated she doesn't intend to change--who knows what the future holds?), and that her music won't be the same, or that she'll take a long break. But that's a selfish fear, and I recognize it as such. Because actually, Ayu deserves a break so badly. And as for changing her attitude (for example, maybe if she's happier overall, she won't write such intense, negative, and EPIC songs)...well...her happiness is far more important that that of the fans.

Ayu is her own person with her own needs...she's not here to serve us. Which seems wildly obvious to me, but some others seem to disagree. Yes, her job is to be a singer and performance artist. But Ayu the person, not Hamasaki Ayumi the product (as she herself would say), does not exist to please us. Anyone who would want her happiness sacrificed for the sake of the music is, to be blunt, a complete ass.

Edit: And yes, thank you waterballoon. This Mannie-hate is so insulting to Ayu herself...
Old 3rd January 2011, 04:07 PM
until that Day… Initiate

waterballoon, hahahah OMG i was in shock u brought up about me in here bahaha XDD but really..to compare me n ayu is a bad example..hahahaha~~

well anyway, i do understand some people/fans who feel sad, mad, angry, uncomfortable, whatever.. because i think there are people/fans who are still not USED TO this "new" situation..ayu in here is AYUMI HAMASAKI, the JPOP QUEEN, not just some random pop star who is just famous for a year or so whom people might not care at all, so i guess some ppl/fans just need time to digest everything, so just let them be..

so let's trust Ayu and if something bad happen (which i absolutely don't want, never!), then Ayu just has to learn from her mistakes, that's all we can do as of now.. and pray for her happiness

Edit: and i'm sure that Ayu must have known that there are some fans not gonna like Mannie or her decision.. she knows her consequences and yet she chose to follow her heart

Last edited by AyUmIXx; 3rd January 2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 05:05 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Talking is over rated. I'm in a relationship with a Japanese man who speaks no english and somehow we make it work.(In the same amount of time Ayu and Mannie have known each other, we've moved in together^_^) It can definitely be difficult and frustrating but is doable.
EXACTLY, thank you. Some might argue that danish and swedish are very similar languages, and indeed they are, but not nearly enough to make a swedish man who's never spoken to a dane before understand a danish girl, who's never spoken to a swede before and vice versa. Of course today, I am fluent, but back then I didn't understand a word. But I love him, and loved him then, and there were no barriers, believe me. With a few ups and downs, we've stuck together, and this year we've been together for 5 years.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 3rd January 2011, 06:24 PM
TO BE Initiate

And don't you think that maybe Mannie can help Ayu to improve her english, so they can understand each other better? And he will probably learn some japanese, even if it's just the basics
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:37 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbly View Post
And don't you think that maybe Mannie can help Ayu to improve her english, so they can understand each other better? And he will probably learn some japanese, even if it's just the basics
Sure, that happens almost automatically. Constant exposure to a language is very effective.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 4th January 2011, 03:19 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Most important is as lots of you have already said she's a grown up woman, she's smart, moreover neither her life or she herself belong to us, she has a right to live and learn, to get hurt and be happy, to smile and cry, and our duty is to support her during those moments and to smile with her when she's smiling
artcika's post is beautiful. I agree with it so much
Old 4th January 2011, 03:53 AM
SCAR Initiate

Since I don't get on here much anymore and a little shocked to see Ayu just got married in Las Vegas to Mannie. I'm very happy to see her making a big step in her life and wish both of them the best.

Only thing I'm having a hard time with, is Ayu's conversational English good enough to communicate with Mannie where they don't have a language barrier to deal with?

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, manuel schwarz, marriage