Ayu: Anything Goes [XXVII] - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 4th May 2020, 02:41 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Is my name's WOMEN the most unintentional camp thing Ayu has ever done? The scene with her and the trf girls kicking down the door, sending the shirtless bouncer to the floor and smashing the glasses from the bar on to the floor is hilarious.
It depends if she was being serious with the Angel's Song PV
Old 4th May 2020, 08:10 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
There are many a-nation videos at this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/A000king
omg LEMME GET THEM
Old 5th May 2020, 12:24 AM
No way to say Initiate

Is this ayu's first tv live after debut?

And yes, this performance is serious in the wrong key lol. I guess this song has always been challenging.
Old 5th May 2020, 01:14 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I think this was her first one:

I recall seeing screenshots of a supposedly even earlier performance but this is the earliest I found.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 5th May 2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 5th May 2020, 01:50 AM
ayu trance Initiate

ˆ As stated on Eneabba, yes, that is her first TV live ever.

http://eneabba.net/ayu/video/live/pa...Poker_Face.htm

I wonder if avex has the SECRET LIVE full concert recorded. Imagine having her first concert ever released 22 years later??

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07

Last edited by pedronekoi; 5th May 2020 at 01:53 AM.
Old 5th May 2020, 01:54 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Just went back to check and this is why I was unsure:
http://monochrome0408.web.fc2.com/PC/TV/TV-1998.htm

They have another performance listed on April 1st, 1998. I think the show's name translates to "Pocket Music" but so far I haven't found it.

EDIT: This April 1st performance doesn't seem possible to have happened on that date as the show 「ポケットミュージック」 (Pocket Music) started airing on April 15th, 1998.
So yes, the I linked above should be the first one. I guess the person simply made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
I wonder if avex has the SECRET LIVE full concert recorded. Imagine having her first concert ever released 22 years later??
I doubt they have a proper recording of it but that would be so cool.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 5th May 2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 5th May 2020, 01:33 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I never saw poker face lives from Pocket music, CDTV and RAVE

also I don't have Trust 1998.08.19 Pocket music, Depend on you 1998.12.23 サンタ家のメリークリスマスライブ (Santa's Merry Christmas Live?)

Last edited by Aderianu; 5th May 2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old 5th May 2020, 02:25 PM
No way to say Initiate

There's no way Avex has a proper recording of Secret live...all these uploads of past concerts have demonstrated Avex doesn't or didn't have a proper archive process in place for keeping original material.

The only thing "unearthed from the archives" that I think has really appeared years after the event are the outtakes from the single covers in the A COMPLETE photobook.

Which kinda makes sense and is excusable when you consider it seems Ayu/Avex released literally everything they had at the time, nothing was wasted..which explains the quality of some of the remixes they had the nerve to include on singles.

Though it would be really cool to see b-roll footage or extended versions put together of things like Never Ever and the WHATEVER CM. But I doubt original footage is just sitting on a hard drive in Avex or Ayu's home somewhere.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 5th May 2020 at 02:28 PM.
Old 5th May 2020, 03:57 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^It's a shame but they seem to have grown alongside Ayu. Maybe there wasn't enough thought or money to keep everything from early days. maybe some things just don't get filmed because, well, they don't. Namie did Secret lives for (all?) of her Hip-Pop-era albums - I only ever saw TV-News for QoHP and PLAY. I don't think there was an intention to film these and maybe it is the same with the secret live by ayu.
Old 5th May 2020, 07:43 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^It's a shame but they seem to have grown alongside Ayu. Maybe there wasn't enough thought or money to keep everything from early days. maybe some things just don't get filmed because, well, they don't. Namie did Secret lives for (all?) of her Hip-Pop-era albums - I only ever saw TV-News for QoHP and PLAY. I don't think there was an intention to film these and maybe it is the same with the secret live by ayu.
I think it's a Japanese business thing...a lot of Japanese game companies have had a lot of struggles and issues porting older games to newer systems because they never saved or kept a copy of the original code/assets. For example, Square had to literally build Kingdom Hearts from scratch to bring it to the newer generation of consoles as they "lost" the original game/code. The ports of Final Fantasy games have upscaled blurry FMVs and CGI backgrounds because they didn't think to keep the original render files and hard drive space was so expensive, they used to literally overwrite existing games/assets when making new games.

I feel like globe is the only japanese act that can be like "here's an unreleased song and some demos from 1995 included on this new boxset!" the same way western acts like pet shop boys or Prince do. Maybe it's because TK is a control freak and keeps everything so he can recycle it again and again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_preservation

Last edited by ExodusUK; 5th May 2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 5th May 2020, 08:40 PM
Initiate

Avex sure has an archive for stuff, if it wasn't for it we wouldn't have the first TA concert on A COMPLETE or those off shots there as well. I believe they don't have much more than this tho, besides masters of songs. Maybe all a-nation concerts from 2003 and on, when starter to be broadcast on fullHD.

It sure can be said as a japanese business thing. As an example we can also use Toei's masters of the Sailor Moon original anime. They don't "have" the tapes anymore, allegedly destroyed by fire or something, and we're talking about a brand as big as Sailor Moon.
Old 5th May 2020, 09:01 PM
BEST Initiate

^ The first TA tour was live streamed (I remember watching it when it took place, and I've always had a rip of it) - so that wasn't "secret" footage, it was intentionally recorded in the first place and aired - just not released.
Old 5th May 2020, 10:12 PM
No way to say Initiate

for example I wonder if Ayu asked "ok i need the instrumental for end of the world for something" — if that's something they have ready (i.e. instrumentals for every song) or if that's something they could open the original song project files for and just mute the vocals to get. Like..what if they don't have anything like that..would they just have to make the whole track again lol

or if she wanted to a 20th anniversary "director cut" of the Boys & Girls PV — do they have all the b-roll footage archived somewhere like this?
Old 5th May 2020, 10:45 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I mean you could always try repeatedly asking Max if certain things exist, or were recorded, etc. it’d be best of course to get it in Japanese, but he often answers questions.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 6th May 2020, 01:47 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Most of her videos were shot on 35mm film. My guess is those negatives are totally lost but maybe the digital scans of the film still survive somewhere. But then the question is what videos were digitally scaned/edited and if any of the extra footage was even saved.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 6th May 2020 at 01:51 AM.
Old 6th May 2020, 02:00 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
for example I wonder if Ayu asked "ok i need the instrumental for end of the world for something" — if that's something they have ready (i.e. instrumentals for every song) or if that's something they could open the original song project files for and just mute the vocals to get. Like..what if they don't have anything like that..would they just have to make the whole track again lol
A BEST 15th Anniversary Edition and LOVEppears 20th Anniversary Edition should answer your question
Sure they have these Files (Stems/Multitracks).

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 6th May 2020, 02:11 AM
Initiate

It's a matter of how much would her audience care, for avex team to restore stuff and try to bring some unseen things from back in the day. There are some MVs from the 80s and 90s that are now being restored to 4K and the quality is amazing.

Didn't she put a song on Love again that was an old demo? So I guess she might have things hidden somewhere.
Old 6th May 2020, 02:37 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I never saw poker face lives from Pocket music, CDTV and RAVE

also I don't have Trust 1998.08.19 Pocket music, Depend on you 1998.12.23 サンタ家のメリークリスマスライブ (Santa's Merry Christmas Live?)
Depend on you 1998.12.23 サンタ家のメリークリスマスライブ:

https://youtu.be/kVOaEJWZ1ss

The CDTV performance of Poker Face is actually just a reairing of the Utaban performance, so you have seen it. I've also not seen the Poker Face lives from Pocket Music or Rave either nor the Trust Pocket Music performance. Wondering if they will ever surface. There's screenshots so they did exist at some point.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 6th May 2020 at 02:47 AM.
Old 6th May 2020, 06:30 PM
Love song H-Initiate

^ Thank you!

Tags
anything goes