Ayu vibrato note question. :) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 24th June 2011, 10:26 AM
from your letter Initiate

Ayu vibrato note question. :)

I got a simple question.

When did Ayu start using vibrato notes? I have been listening to her debut album A Song For xx and I don't here any vibrato in her older songs. I heard that Ayu got vocal lessons in New York, so did she start using it when she went to New York? ^_^
Old 24th June 2011, 11:23 AM
Naturally Initiate

She had the vocal lessons in NY before A Song for XX. The first real traces of vibrato are just before RAINBOW I think, starting with Voyage.
Old 24th June 2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSenshi View Post
She had the vocal lessons in NY before A Song for XX. The first real traces of vibrato are just before RAINBOW I think, starting with Voyage.
I also noticed small range of vibrato in Dearest no? O_o
Old 24th June 2011, 01:01 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuFan777 View Post
I also noticed small range of vibrato in Dearest no? O_o
It started since Loveppears, but that time it wasn't pronounced like it is now. But yeah, she had vibrato since then. For example, in End Roll, when she sings "ano koro tashika ni" <- you can hear the vibrato on ni. But it was only from RAINBOW that she started to have a huge vibrato, especially Voyage.
Old 24th June 2011, 02:32 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I can hear a small vibrato in some of her A Song for XX songs though. For example "For My Dear..."
Old 24th June 2011, 05:14 PM
xLitax

I don't know if I'd call it actual vibrato, haha, but I'd still say she really started around RAINBOW. But, I personally think she probably did get lessons around that time, because she significantly improved.
Old 24th June 2011, 06:24 PM
Connected Initiate

I think she learn these from peco and princess...

Old 24th June 2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
I think she learn these from peco and princess...
Lol Peko and Princess? I hope she doesent learn singing from them! XDD
Old 24th June 2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiSeido View Post
I can hear a small vibrato in some of her A Song for XX songs though. For example "For My Dear..."
I can't here it! T_T all I here in Ayu's For My Dear is singing high pitched notes! XD I love how her voice is high pitched! XD
Old 24th June 2011, 09:34 PM
I am... Initiate

There was always a bit Vibrato in her voice - EVERY voice has some vibrato. As others say it started being pronounced right around Voyage.
It was a very noticable change live. Before that when Ayu sang the ending note of a line she often ended up screaming and going off, with her vibrato she had more...control? But without being as clear.
I think it has to do with her starting to lose parts of her range there, so she ended up using vibrato on notes. One of the first effects her hearing loss had was less control over the ends of her range, namely high and low notes, so on these especially she used vibrato to hit them better.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
There was always a bit Vibrato in her voice - EVERY voice has some vibrato. As others say it started being pronounced right around Voyage.
It was a very noticable change live. Before that when Ayu sang the ending note of a line she often ended up screaming and going off, with her vibrato she had more...control? But without being as clear.
I think it has to do with her starting to lose parts of her range there, so she ended up using vibrato on notes. One of the first effects her hearing loss had was less control over the ends of her range, namely high and low notes, so on these especially she used vibrato to hit them better.
When do you think she lost her range of high pitched vocal notes? I didn't really hear them Rainbow. I think?
Oh thats what I think that she uses her vibrato notes now because she can't really do high pitched anymore! >_<
Old 24th June 2011, 10:54 PM
I am... Initiate

I think it started when her hearing loss began(around 2000 I think?) but only became really obvious 2002 and then later around 2006-2009 when her high notes were either unreachable or headvoice. But she's getting back there I think. Her range is expanding, Love Songs is showing that quite nicely and apparently she is singing M in it's original pitch in PoM, which means reaching very high in chestvoice, not headvoice(headvoice is what she did a lot on MY STORY, it is a different way of reaching high notes, often considered inferior to chestvoice, which is your normal way of singing)
Old 24th June 2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
I think it started when her hearing loss began(around 2000 I think?) but only became really obvious 2002 and then later around 2006-2009 when her high notes were either unreachable or headvoice. But she's getting back there I think. Her range is expanding, Love Songs is showing that quite nicely and apparently she is singing M in it's original pitch in PoM, which means reaching very high in chestvoice, not headvoice(headvoice is what she did a lot on MY STORY, it is a different way of reaching high notes, often considered inferior to chestvoice, which is your normal way of singing)
I noticed in Happy Ending she had the high notes at the end of a line. I love M if she is singing it close to the original that must mean she can do old songs like she used to! I hope she can perform Dearest like in A Mesuem Tour! I wasn't to happy when I saw her sing Dearest at Asia Tour live in Taipei I think that was it? I wish she would perform Dearest more often! >_<
Old 25th June 2011, 07:05 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikkun View Post
It started since Loveppears, but that time it wasn't pronounced like it is now. But yeah, she had vibrato since then. For example, in End Roll, when she sings "ano koro tashika ni" <- you can hear the vibrato on ni. But it was only from RAINBOW that she started to have a huge vibrato, especially Voyage.
Yeah, I really liked her vibratto on the Love Appears and Duty albums. It was really nice and controlled.