You were... / BALLAD information and covers [VII] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd December 2009, 08:10 PM
End of the World Initiate

I love BALLAD! I'm so happy, I didn't like You were... much so I'm glad this one is good! I love pretty much all her oriental sounding songs.

^I've been in the Days situation, and I've always loathed the song and I still don't like the song any more because of it. I like the PV though. XD

Last edited by relmy; 2nd December 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:12 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Have you ever been in the Days situation?
I didn't start to appreciate the song before I got in that situation and now it's one of my favourite ayu-ballads. I think it just transmits an emotion that is more or less rare.
hunny, I *LIVE* Days every single ****ing day of my life, and I still think it has no emotion

Old 2nd December 2009, 08:13 PM
from your letter Initiate

Ayu´s voice sounds great as always!
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:18 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

I love both the singles....<3 Thanks for the upload. I really want my pre-order now...^-^
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:19 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

i don't get how you can't hear emotion in BALLAD tbh, it's quite clear to me. oh well, i'm glad i hear it because it's what makes me love it. <3
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:24 PM
Greatful days Initiate

I just heard BALLAD. I think it's going to end up being really epic. I think I like You were... slightly more though. We'll see?
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:28 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I really get the Chinese period drama feel from BALLAD, haha. Maybe it's because my parents watched a bunch of them when I was a kid...
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:19 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Spoiler:
For those who will order CD only of You were.../BALLAD in CDJ, there's no more 1st press.

Get one in YA as much as possible if there's a time

No doubt why BALLAD was chosen to become a theme song on a Chinese themed drama.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 2nd December 2009, 09:45 PM
appears Initiate

its like Green II i dont like it as much as you were.. i was expecting it to be better -__- im asking too much. im still excited about this single tho. ima be waiting for the full versions of both songs.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:52 PM
poker face Initiate

i like it!

funny thing: listening to it while staring at jbrat2219's sig.

the song is great. thank god it's not something cute and bubbly. paired with the jeweled body in her music video... hopefully it will have a moment like in Jewel when she opens her eyes with all those crystals.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:07 PM
Curtain call Initiate

i like ballad better than you were
ballads sounds so oriental
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:20 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanz16 View Post
Spoiler:
For those who will order CD only of You were.../BALLAD in CDJ, there's no more 1st press.

I just died a little. they MUST restock.

*****es haven't adjusted their price yet even though the poster is not included anymore. -____-
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:32 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
okay I found out one thing... BALLAD doesn't seem to have any climax, like it doesn't seem to build up to anything unlike You were... not a bad thing, but I don't exactly prefer such a style. still a very very grand and gorgeous song though.

<3 u Ayu
my thoughts exactly.but i kinda this style.overall not a bad song but i prefer you were than this.very suitable for those ancient dramas

p/s:i can imagine how she's going to perform this song during concert with her exaggerated expressions

Last edited by nanakopy87; 2nd December 2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:53 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
hunny, I *LIVE* Days every single ****ing day of my life, and I still think it has no emotion
To each his own Days is probably one of my favorite songs because of the emotion it portrays and how much it related to a situation I had. But if you feel nothing, you feel nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanz16 View Post
Spoiler:

Do the first press editions of Ayu's singles usually sell out that fast? Or is everyone just super hyped for this single?
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:05 AM
Replace Initiate

Different songs convey emotions in different ways... Days, Together When..., and You were... do very little for me personally but seem to get to alot of people. But more atmospheric songs like BALLAD, Far away, and HANABI, which seem to not resonate with some fans nearly as much, are FAR more likely to give me tingles. They're much more subtle and come across to me personally as more honest and raw, although they might seem like less feeling is in them compared to other songs' more grand arrangements (which come across to me as rather cheesy, they get narmy and the emotion is lost to me).

But yeah, to each his own. I think BALLAD is amazing and You were... is only okay, but I can understand the fans who think completely the opposite.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:08 AM
sending mail Initiate

BALLAD is alright....I'm kind of disappointed though. Hopefully I'll change my mind when the full HQ comes out.

Old 3rd December 2009, 12:13 AM
Secret Initiate

You were... didn't really stick out to me :| Something about it didn't click with me. BALLAD is so LQ that I can't even comment on it.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:17 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Different songs convey emotions in different ways... Days, Together When..., and You were... do very little for me personally but seem to get to alot of people. But more atmospheric songs like BALLAD, Far away, and HANABI, which seem to not resonate with some fans nearly as much, are FAR more likely to give me tingles. They're much more subtle and come across to me personally as more honest and raw, although they might seem like less feeling is in them compared to other songs' more grand arrangements (which come across to me as rather cheesy, they get narmy and the emotion is lost to me).
I think I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes different arrangements for the same song bring out more emotion. For example, when I hear the original version of fated I don't really feel much at all, even though it's a super emotional song. But when I hear fated (orchestra version), I cry each and every time hahahaha. It's one of my favorites but I can't listen to it because somehow I find it much more emotional than the original. Sometimes emotion is lost in grand arrangements.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:21 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Questionnn~ Is there one type of poster or different ones? If different ones, do you get the one of the cover you order or..?
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:27 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ I hope it's not the same poster for each version. I hope you get whichever cover is on the CD.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayu's diary, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, team ayu, you were.../ballad