[Official Message] ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2017, 11:08 AM
As if.. Initiate

I hope she doesn't release any new material this year nor the next.

I wish she'd focus on performing lesser known songs. Songs that she rarely performed live before.

But if she had to release something, then I wish it'd be a complete revamp of her songs. And I mean with new vocals. Turning ballads into rock songs and upbeat songs into ballads. With good MVs matching the new concepts.

A perfect example of this would be what Utada did with "Distance":

Old 26th February 2017, 03:00 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamalley View Post
I hope she doesn't release any new material this year nor the next.

I wish she'd focus on performing lesser known songs. Songs that she rarely performed live before.

But if she had to release something, then I wish it'd be a complete revamp of her songs. And I mean with new vocals. Turning ballads into rock songs and upbeat songs into ballads. With good MVs matching the new concepts.

A perfect example of this would be what Utada did with "Distance":

Why on earth would you want 2 years without a new release?

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 26th February 2017, 10:10 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Why on earth would you want 2 years without a new release?
Oh please, as if it's unheard of for any band or artist to make fans wait that long between albums. There's a reason for it.

I think if Ayu actually took some time to make an album, rather than just spitting one out to meet a deadline, I think we'd get a phenomenal album as a result. Not something that feels rushed or disjointed.
Old 26th February 2017, 10:17 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post
Oh please, as if it's unheard of for any band or artist to make fans wait that long between albums. There's a reason for it.

I think if Ayu actually took some time to make an album, rather than just spitting one out to meet a deadline, I think we'd get a phenomenal album as a result. Not something that feels rushed or disjointed.
Oh please, as if Ayu's early albums weren't as rushed as always... The amount of time you put into a release doesn't guarantee success nor quality. And yes for her not to release anything in 2 years would be odd.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th February 2017, 08:16 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post

Time doesn't really help Ayu much. However, MY STORY is probably the longest she spent on an album since she was so busy in 2003 and only was able to release a mini album IIRC in 2003 that she basically was working on the album from January 2004 onward or at least thinking about the album (and tour to go along with it).

For the most part though, her albums are all done in the months before release as they always have been. She always likes to put things off till the last minute anyway. For her to take a break or spend longer than her usual timeframe to do an album would be very unlike her because she's a workaholic that cannot sit still by any means.
Closed Thread

Tags
just the beginning -20-, tour 2017