Ayu's social networks - Discussion #55 - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th March 2020, 08:36 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah, she had a pretty intense surgery I believe around then and at that time she mentioned that her hearing was deteriorating in the other ear as well. When she announced she was doing huge amounts of touring after that, people were thinking she was trying to jam in as much as she could performance-wise before she goes fully deaf and she's still not stopping even years after that.

Here's the article from back in May 2017.
Quote:
Dear TA(^_-)-☆

I'd like to talk about some things Tsuriko mentioned in her report on the tour website. She had to choose her words carefully as it's a public site, but here I can be more direct.

At the end of last year, my kneecap finally gave out after 6 years of problems. I decided to have it operated on as soon as the Countdown Live concerts were over, then undergo rehabilitation during the time off, and return to the stage later in the year without making things public until later on. I've always preferred to keep things like this to myself, and this was no exception. Hospital appointments were made, and a date set for the operation. I saw the New Year in happily, and the operation took place without incident.

Foolishly, I allowed myself to relax at that point.

I don't want to go into too much detail about the last few months, but suffice it to say that I'm still learning to live with my knee, day in day out. In all honestly I should probably stop performing on stage as I do, but that isn't something I am prepared to contemplate.

Just before this year's tour began I received a second blow - my hearing started to deteriorate further. My semicircular canals had blown, and I was experiencing crippling dizziness. I wasn't able to walk in a straight line, and was often reduced to vomiting in the restroom at the rehearsal studio. I tried to put a brace face on things, but was told after various hearing tests that my right ear (which had been working overtime to compensate for my deaf left ear) was weakening fast. I don't have a clear memory of my journey home after that. I just remember wondering how I, as a singer, would cope with two useless ears. Other than that, I was in darkness.

I've written a lot, but let me finish with this.

A certain somebody sent me a message on LINE at Yokohama Arena. It read as follows:

"You're the real deal, so pull yourself together! It makes us mad because we care about you. We all - every last one of us - want to be a part of your show!"

It was a slap in the face, but it brought me to my senses. Not out of any sense of responsibility or duty; but on a much deeper level, I managed to find myself. That night, I found my way back to being Ayumi Hamasaki.

The stage is where I belong. It's the only place I really, truly exist. I don't know anything else. There's no point in worrying about what lies ahead. I will keep listening, even if I can't hear. I will keep moving, evening if I can't move. I'm not looking for sympathy or pity. I will hold my head high and keep going forward until my last breath.

Next is Yoyogi! I'm looking forward to seeing your smiles

ayu
From this point on, I think a lot of plans went out the window and it's one of the reasons why I think the last few years have been a bit un-Ayu-like as far as releases go among other things.
Old 30th March 2020, 09:36 AM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yeah, she had a pretty intense surgery I believe around then and at that time she mentioned that her hearing was deteriorating in the other ear as well. When she announced she was doing huge amounts of touring after that, people were thinking she was trying to jam in as much as she could performance-wise before she goes fully deaf and she's still not stopping even years after that.

Here's the article from back in May 2017.

From this point on, I think a lot of plans went out the window and it's one of the reasons why I think the last few years have been a bit un-Ayu-like as far as releases go among other things.
Wow, thanks for that! I really have always admired her strength, but I do hope she has been taking better care of herself especially her right ear especially now that she has a child, I imagine she wants to be able to hear her baby eventually speak and talk, etc.
Old 30th March 2020, 11:19 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
In the latest TA post she said she has thought of something that everyone can enjoy at home and that it will soon be announced.
I hope another A EXERCISE video. What we all need for this quarantine period

Set by YuriChan

Old 1st April 2020, 05:43 PM
As if.. Initiate

What did Ayu post in the latest instagram stories?
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:45 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

^

What is the translation for her last post?

Last edited by FoxyPinkGirl; 2nd April 2020 at 12:50 AM.
Old 2nd April 2020, 04:10 AM
ayu trance Initiate

She's just supporting the Stay Home movemente saying that there was 12 concerts cancelled but she just want everyone to be safe, people that got the virus, their families and friends. Also that it's the best thing to do now, to take care. And that there's always a light in the end of the tunnel. And she ends with the hashtag "let's stay home".

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 10th April 2020, 12:09 PM
Love song H-Initiate

New video with ayu at tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@ayu_19980408...19337335196929

Old 10th April 2020, 05:44 PM
Love song H-Initiate

"Once again
Thanks for celebrating my 22nd anniversary
I'm so grateful to having been with me for such a long time.
Because even in this world, this twisted world, that beauty of yours gives life to me.
Be sure to wait until the day when we can meet again with a smile."

Old 25th April 2020, 04:04 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Can someone translate her latest IG story, please? I understand that she donated 10 millon yen but it would be nice to know what she's actually saying haha
Old 25th April 2020, 05:01 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Google translate translation :

« In support of YOSHIKI, a senior student who helped me while I was living in LA, I will also donate 10 million yen to the National Center for Global Health and Medicine. I think that at home is the only and greatest way to reduce the burden on health care workers who protect us while fighting the dangers of life and the fears of our neighbors every day. I will. We are also grateful to all of us who are still out and working to lead our daily lives. Spend with us to save the lives of ourselves and of your dear ones! I believe that Japan can definitely overcome it !! Ayumi Hamasaki »

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 25th April 2020, 06:11 PM
SURREAL Initiate

^Thanks! It's really interesting that Yoshiki helped her in LA
Old 25th April 2020, 06:39 PM
Love song H-Initiate

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...000007-jct-ent

ayu donated 10 million yen as well as Yoshiki and Takahiro Nishijima from AAA
Old 11th May 2020, 07:15 AM
still alone Initiate

Spoiler:

❤️Happy mother’s day❤️

世界中のお母さん達、毎日毎日本当に有り難うございます💐
日々、心の底からリスペクトする事ばかりです✨

そして、私をお母さんにしてくれた家族に最大の感謝を🙏✨
Old 11th May 2020, 08:18 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

awww Ayu´s first mother´s day^^
My husband´s sister also had her first mother´s day yesterday^^

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 12th May 2020, 11:51 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I didn't even think of ayu as a mother when I saw this post and you make me realize that right now haha! I thought it was about her own mother oh my... Didn't get used to it!
Old 15th May 2020, 04:35 PM
Depend on you Initiate

So Ayu has just added "producer" as her job in her Twitter and Instagram profile!...
The same day during which Max announced his retirement as CEO btw.
Old 15th May 2020, 06:04 PM
ayu trance Initiate

ˆ Omg... I don't know what to expect!! Does that mean she will lead the company or just work as producer for other artists? Can't wait to know more about it

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 15th May 2020, 06:06 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
Yes is strange to suddedly add this precision ? I mean we allready know that she produce things like her concerts and at some extent everything she does since a long time even if its not specified "produce by Ayu". Maybe she will really start her own buisness under avex like her own sublabel with albums produce this times by her and not Max ? or maybe she will produce new artists with Max ?

I think it means something ! Why make this little change just after Max announcement lol ?

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 15th May 2020 at 06:08 PM.
Old 15th May 2020, 08:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Could be she'll be listed as producer for her works now even though she's done that from the beginning basically?
Old 15th May 2020, 11:59 PM
No way to say Initiate

The "produced by max matsuura" has always felt like a token credit more than anything substantial. I think it's pretty apparent that Max isn't a creative influence on Ayu's music...if anything Max seems like a manager who has championed Ayu over anyone else?
Closed Thread

Tags
facebook, instagram, social media, tiktok, twitter, weibo