[miwa] The 5th Thread ~ The 5th Year ~ Road to 5th Anniversary - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 26th February 2017, 02:56 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
SPLASH isn't good. It has some goods arrangements and melodies but they don't work well together. The transitions are quite bad. It's like a patchwork with colours that don't match well. Overall this album is full with generic ballads. That's not a bad thing because they aren't horrible but that's not what I want from this little woman that I started to listen to when her first single was out.
The only new songs I truly like are ATTENTION (It's not outstanding because of the chorus's melody but at this moment of her career this rock song is quite good), Kawaranu Omoi (I know it's quite generic but I like it. Especially when both voices are singing together) and Naki koi (the introduction and the verse are really catchy. I like how the arrangement are progressing during the song)
About the old songs, I only changed my mind about Anata ga Koko ni Ite Dakishimeru Koto ga Dekiru Nara. It's slighty better than what I thought when the single was out. It's a pity that it is too long.
I actually agree about SPLASH being patchwork-like, but I still like it - the parts may be disjointed, but, to borrow your metaphor, the different colours in the patchwork work well together in my eyes. I also agree that this album has too many generic ballads, but at least some of them are good and have things that make them stand out (like the guitar in Kawaranu Omoi and the featuring vocalist in Ai Okuri).

Honestly, I think part of the reason I liked so many of the songs is that my expectations for miwa's music have become really low over the past two years, so it doesn't take much to surprise me positively, lol. I'm happy to have some new songs I feel like going back to, I haven't gotten many of those from miwa during this past era.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:38 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I like the new album. Well, compared to previous one, I think this one is better.
But still, Delight is the best for me, followed by the first two albums.

This album is a reminiscent to her past music, the singer-songwriter style kind of music, but it's just bland (but still better than ONENESS content). SPLASH was nice, I don't think it's disjointed, it's more like she made it that way, and somehow it works, also it sounds better when live. The rest of the tracks are kinda forgettable, but if you listen it in order, it sounds better.

The singles are actually nice, again I said, maybe because I listen to it in order, that's why Yozora, Shanranran, and the Anata blah blah blah sounds better than before. The album tracks aren't memorable, but it's just nice to listen this kind of music again from her. One more problem, only 11 tracks.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 7th March 2017, 03:59 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Do we really care about Oricon these days? She only got #5 weekly (and, yes, she gets outsold by AAA once again, even in albums, as they take #1) in a competition that also contains SKE48 (surprisingly why did a 48 group NOT get an album #1?!?!?) and SHINee...and why is HoneyWorks #4???

#1 AAA 107,969
#2 SKE48 99,646
#3 SHINee 68,102
#4 HoneyWorks 33,688
#5 miwa 31,347

I still ask this every time both miwa and AAA release something on the same day and in direct competition: Why is AAA still outselling miwa these days? I do understand one of the two girls in AAA (Ito Chiaki) is going to leave soon, but I still have to wonder why miwa is pretty much always behind AAA when they're matched up head-to-head...
Old 7th March 2017, 05:13 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^48 groups don't tend to sell well album-wise ...and where AKB is struggling, it is no wonder that the sub-groups fail
Old 9th March 2017, 01:37 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Do we really care about Oricon these days? She only got #5 weekly (and, yes, she gets outsold by AAA once again, even in albums, as they take #1) in a competition that also contains SKE48 (surprisingly why did a 48 group NOT get an album #1?!?!?) and SHINee...and why is HoneyWorks #4???

#1 AAA 107,969
#2 SKE48 99,646
#3 SHINee 68,102
#4 HoneyWorks 33,688
#5 miwa 31,347

I still ask this every time both miwa and AAA release something on the same day and in direct competition: Why is AAA still outselling miwa these days? I do understand one of the two girls in AAA (Ito Chiaki) is going to leave soon, but I still have to wonder why miwa is pretty much always behind AAA when they're matched up head-to-head...
Because AAA is popular as heck? And miwa hasnt had a hit really since yozora. AAA is selling out dome concerts so there is your reason

tumblr

Old 13th March 2017, 02:44 AM
Daybreak Initiate

AAA is really happening recently due to the popularity for each members as far as I remember. Plus, one of the member is leaving? It's making a headline for sure.

Well, for some reason I tend not to believe the Oricon popularity these days. miwa herself is still relevant when I see the music scene. Did anyone watch her in SONGS?
Quote:
Old 12th April 2017, 07:48 PM
Sky high Protector

New single
Release date: 2017.05.24

01 – Shiny
02 – Zettai Ano Basho ni
03 – Yui (Sound Inn ”S” ver.)
04 – Shiny (Instrumental)

DVD

01 – Shiny (PV)
02 – Shiny (Making of)

source: https://www.c-k-jpopnews.fr/2017/04/...mois-prochain/
Old 14th May 2017, 02:52 PM
Sky high Protector

The covers of the new single are out :

Shiny's pv too. But I don't have any links to stream it. A preview can be listened to on her website. http://www.miwa-web.com/disco/archive/?SRCL-9408

Shiny is shanranran episode 2 for me.
Old 15th May 2017, 02:49 AM
Daybreak Initiate

miwa covers never disappoint! (Unless we're talking about ONENESS)

Well, try to look for @morimasa_kuno in Instagram, that account uploads miwa-related video a lot, including Shiny PV and such.
Quote:
Old 21st May 2017, 12:07 PM
Sky high Protector

^Thanks for the hint.

Shiny and Zettai Ano Basho ni are out.

My thought on Shiny didn't change with the full version. However I find it slighty better than Shanranran because of the instrumentation that is more original.

I don't like the b-side.
Old 20th October 2017, 04:52 PM
Sky high Protector

We are the light details: http://www.generasia.com/wiki/We_Are_the_Light

Old 22nd October 2017, 11:48 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Not bad, i can see a bit of Hikari e in this song.

TWICE

Old 12th January 2018, 08:58 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

miwa released a new digital single, Live Fast Die Young, earlier this week. It's a pretty nice pop-rock number, one of her better ones in the last few years.
Old 12th January 2018, 09:27 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^ Now if someone can upload it here on AHS or JPopsuki - because I haven't seen it on JPopsuki yet... Hmm...

And I'm sure if this will end up in a future single or album, it's just when will it happen and what will it be, maybe as a B-side if it's on a single...
Old 13th January 2018, 11:43 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I uploaded it, go here.
Old 1st March 2018, 12:37 PM
Sky high Protector

miwa'll sing the ending of My Hero Academia 3rd season.

Quote:
UVERworld & miwa To Provide Theme Songs For 3rd Season Of "My Hero Academia"
3d ago · Monday 26 Feb, 2018 - 03:07pm UTC · Aysohmay · 2 upvotes · 0 comments · 946 views
UVERworld & miwa To Provide Theme Songs For 3rd Season Of

"My Hero Academia" has announced the artists that will be providing the theme music for its upcoming 3rd season.

The opening theme song will be provided by UVERworld, while the ending theme song will be provided by miwa. Details about the song, including their titles, will be announced at a later date.

The 3rd season of "My Hero Academia" will begin airing on April 7.
source: http://www.jpopasia.com/feed/23346/u...hero-academia/
Old 2nd March 2018, 04:05 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I can't believe I said this but everything she did recently is really... mediocre
Live Fast Die Young was pretty much okay, but it's still pretty average for me.

My Hero Academia? This might be a good stuff.
Quote:
Old 5th March 2018, 02:49 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I hope is not a ballad ! Several endings are boring ballads and miwa has tons of them.

TWICE

Old 8th April 2018, 06:29 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

miwa will be releasing a new single, "Update", on May 9th. This will be the "My Hero Academia" single as mentioned earlier.

In addition, the covers are out:
https://natalie.mu/music/news/276973

But I'm not enthused at the CD+DVD cover:

I mean, what in the world is this?
Old 8th April 2018, 10:26 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I really like the CD+DVD cover, I like how colorful and clean it is, and it stands out in miwa's catalogue. Although it did take me a moment to realise it wasn't Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. I'm not a fan of the weird detachable puffy elbow sleeve though... Anyway, I just hope the songs are good.

Tags
kounodori, miwa, oneness, stress-free, yozora