A BEST controversy.. - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 8th April 2006, 04:26 AM
Naturally Initiate

Did Ayu ever say how she felt about the release during interviews around that time of A Best, or the only source is NTV?

On the subject of crying, I don't think the crying on the cover is real. I actually don't think the crying on the PV is real either.

But I think it's real in live.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Old 8th April 2006, 04:50 AM
July 1st Initiate

I don't want to turn this into a bigger argument but why would Ayu lie in interviews if one thing she hates is lairs. I know some of you will say people hate what they truely are but none of us know Ayu personally so we can't really jump to the conclusion that she is lying or telling the truth, we as fans for the most part have to stay neutral and keep an open mind. I do agree though that the crying in the PVs is fake obviously but the crying in the performances in Who..., Replace, winding road, walking proud, ect. is real.

Old 8th April 2006, 05:28 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi626
I don't want to turn this into a bigger argument but why would Ayu lie in interviews if one thing she hates is lairs. I know some of you will say people hate what they truely are but none of us know Ayu personally so we can't really jump to the conclusion that she is lying or telling the truth, we as fans for the most part have to stay neutral and keep an open mind.
I'm yet to meet the first human being who nevers lie, because that's a extremely rare specimen.
Second, I'd rather believe ayu is true to what she writes in her lyrics. If that's true, than she admits she lies: just read the "walking proud" lyrics.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 8th April 2006, 07:58 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORiA
I agree with you. Didn't she cry in the "rainy day" PV? It was so fake looking. I've never seen her cry during a live performance so I cant say anything about that.
Well of course for the PVs, it's not real - it's acting. I've always thought her crying in concerts was real though - like she allows herself to let the songs effect her as much as possible and then add to that the fact that she seems like an emotional person to begin with, I think the crying comes out naturally. I've seen her live 4 times and only once did she cry a bit, so it's not like she goes out there and forces herself to cry for every performance.
Old 8th April 2006, 08:38 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

the crying for live performances were real.. we dont see her using eyedrops do we?
Old 8th April 2006, 07:05 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
I'm yet to meet the first human being who nevers lie, because that's a extremely rare specimen.
Second, I'd rather believe ayu is true to what she writes in her lyrics. If that's true, than she admits she lies: just read the "walking proud" lyrics.
That is very true. Ayu probably doesn't like constant lairs and I have read the 'walking proud' lyrics so I can see where you are coming from.

Old 13th April 2006, 05:00 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hmmm... what i know from A BEST is, The release of A BEST is when aves REALLY needs money... So, they know that new album of ayu will make MUCH money.... So, avex ask ayu to make album in day XX, month XX, and ayu was really shocked, and dont want to do it, so she actually confess about it, BUT after A BEST has been released...

So, it is not a fake things, it is real.... and it is not a trick from ayu and avex to rise the record sales...

No, it is not avex ask ayu to quit... ^^
Old 13th April 2006, 08:19 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well; Ayu cries.

But it's hard to tell if its real or not, hm? lol

I think that we should believe its real in things like Japan Record Awards when its really hard for her to talk and sing..I wonder how it was like.. she didn't really make a surprising look that one time.. [When she won for Voyage] I think. She was like o_o and then she started crying...

/confused
Old 18th April 2006, 12:50 AM
spacelion

A BEST was a turning point in her carrier because she realized that she was only a product for Avex, milking her for all she was worth. She was forced under contract to make it. So she resung some songs & added a new song "M" on the CD so the fans could get their money's worth.

She felt like quiting because the company was putting so much pressure on her. They asked her to compose all the songs for her next studio album, even though she never had any experience. She had so much on her plate that when they slapped her with "A Best" she was like,"that's it. I can't take it anymore." In the NTV interview she said that she posed for so many magazine covers during that time because she knew that if she quit, she would never experience it again.

I'm assuming that she had the thought of quiting in her head since the "A" single which is why Ayu wrote songs like "end roll", but seeing as it sold so well, she continued on for awhile. I think that's what happened with "A Best." Ayu said that was the last straw, but since it sold over 4 million copies, she didn't want to dissapoint her fans so she continued on.

She released "endless sorrow" 2 months after A Best which is a dark and depressing song and dissapeared for a little while. (She wasn't even in the original endless sorrow PV!), but something about her changed and she released UNITE! & Dearest and finally her "I am..." album. I guess she gave in and said "I am a product. It is my job to fulfill people's dreams."

Last edited by spacelion; 18th April 2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 18th April 2006, 03:32 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelion
A BEST was a turning point in her carrier because she realized that she was only a product for Avex, milking her for all she was worth. She was forced under contract to make it. So she resung some songs & added a new song "M" on the CD so the fans could get their money's worth.

She felt like quiting because the company was putting so much pressure on her. They asked her to compose all the songs for her next studio album, even though she never had any experience. She had so much on her plate that when they slapped her with "A Best" she was like,"that's it. I can't take it anymore." In the NTV interview she said that she posed for so many magazine covers during that time because she knew that if she quit, she would never experience it again.

I'm assuming that she had the thought of quiting in her head since the "A" single which is why Ayu wrote songs like "end roll", but seeing as it sold so well, she continued on for awhile. I think that's what happened with "A Best." Ayu said that was the last straw, but since it sold over 4 million copies, she didn't want to dissapoint her fans so she continued on.

She released "endless sorrow" 2 months after A Best which is a dark and depressing song and dissapeared for a little while. (She wasn't even in the original endless sorrow PV!), but something about her changed and she released UNITE! & Dearest and finally her "I am..." album. I guess she gave in and said "I am a product. It is my job to fulfill people's dreams."

That's pretty depressing, you know..!
Old 20th April 2006, 02:05 AM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelion

I like your opinion very interesting point of view...
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:06 AM
fεяnαndδ

I understand why she wouldn't want to quit at the peak of her career; as soon as she started, she must have realized that being a singer/songwriter was the thing she wanted to do most.
Old 25th April 2006, 04:10 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

yeah, i had a really old interview/documentary that explained this, but i cant remember. it was something like avex ewre pushing her to release it, so then her way of protesting was to re-record 4 of the tracks. the promotions for the album were cray as well, cause its release date was pushed to compete with utada's 'distance' album. 'a best' took the no.1 spot for the first week, but then distance took over after that and eventually sold more. i also heard that they planned to end ayumi's caraar with a best
Old 25th April 2006, 08:46 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdeath
yeah, i had a really old interview/documentary that explained this, but i cant remember. it was something like avex ewre pushing her to release it, so then her way of protesting was to re-record 4 of the tracks. the promotions for the album were cray as well, cause its release date was pushed to compete with utada's 'distance' album. 'a best' took the no.1 spot for the first week, but then distance took over after that and eventually sold more. i also heard that they planned to end ayumi's caraar with a best
ehh actually she only re-recorded 3 songs. and "Distance" took #1 for the 1st week, not "A BEST".