[Miliyah Kato] invites you to embrace LIBERTY in thread #7 - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 13th November 2016, 06:41 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^she always does cheesy lyrics - just like Kana - and I really don't get why, because she clearly has artistic visions. I like Ai no Kuni, the a-side however is a mash-up of YOU. LOVERS party II and Last Love.
Old 14th November 2016, 08:01 AM

Here and there she has some good lyrics, but overall you guys are right, she isn't a good lyricist.
She wrote a book? I didn't knew! But if it's that bad I don't think I will waste my time reading it. lol
Old 14th November 2016, 08:40 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Actually, I think her lyrics are really nice most of the time. I like her writing style. Her positive love songs tend to be too cheesy, but I do like her work on other topics like loneliness, individuality etc. I love Ain't no other, FASHION, Lipstick, WHY, Never Call Me Again, BFF, Free, The One, Memories, 少年少女 etc.

I like it when she writes stuff like these lines in WHY: "A messy room / The smell of cigarettes, a leather sofa / I’ve come here so many times / but I haven’t left my presence anywhere." I can't really explain why. Because I can really picture it? Because I can feel the loneliness without her explicitly saying "I'm lonely"?

And I'm grateful she doesn't feel the need to constantly throw in nonsensical English words like a lot of artists nowadays I'm looking at you, Kumi

Last edited by tenshi no hane; 14th November 2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 14th November 2016, 09:15 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^yes those are great - but there are some cheesy song (especially love-songs) among them. It#s eithe rhit or miss - and I found some of the last three albums pretty bland.
Old 14th November 2016, 09:37 AM
still alone Initiate

I wouldn't say that Miliyah's a bad lyricist at all. I never even had that idea in my head before reading this thread, although I really am disappointed by her lyrics in this new song, and I guess she does have a few songs where she writes generic stuff. But not so much that it'd warrant me calling her a bad lyricist. Maybe she can't write good books but writing a book and a song is still a bit different.

And tenshi_no_hane provided good examples of why I wouldn't really put her in the category of a bad lyricist. Someone compared Miliyah's writing to Kana's - and IMO Kana could be someone who you could maybe sort into that category. Even so, the simplicity of Kana's lyrics tend to work for the type of songs she makes so I never considered it a problem. With Miliyah it's a bit different because she doesn't only write cheesy love songs all the time (although yes, she has lots of them), she writes lots on loneliness and individuality and she does a pretty good job. Also, I don't really know of any other Jpop artist who writes on individuality, at least not in the way she does, which is what makes me like her lyrics too.

I don't know, if I think of Tengoku no DOA for example, which is a love song, I can't really think of lyrics like that as bad. Also, when I think of BABYLON I can't help but think that it's even a bit genius to fit the lyrics, both English and Japanese, and make it all flow so good in that song.

Actually thinking back on most of her songs she writes pretty great lyrics lots of the time (I don't know, at least the kind I like?), but does have a few misses like any artist.
Old 14th November 2016, 10:15 AM
SEASONS Initiate

^I agree with BABYLON. Probably my favorite song from her
Well, she might not be a bad lyricist but most of the time she does write about love in a way I don't really like so that's probably why I don't sympathize with her lyrics generally.
@chibi-chan yes! She is also a writer, she has some books aside UGLY but i don't think i'll be reading them after that lol

Last edited by Toniayu123; 14th November 2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 14th November 2016, 10:34 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^I agree with BABYLON. Probably my favorite song from her
Well, she might not be a bad lyricist but most of the time she does write about love in a way I don't really like so that's probably why I don't sympathize with her lyrics generally.
@chibi-chan yes! She is also a writer, she has some books aside UGLY but i don't think i'll be reading them after that lol
Could you tell me a little something about the book? I always tried to find some more information on it online but I couldnt find reviews or smth...

Besides that I don't think Miliyah is a bad lyricist at all and sure some songs are really cheesy but I don't think that has to be a bad thing, there are a lot of people that like cheesy ballads (me included sometimes) + she has the voice to make them beautiful (inb4 people call her a bad singer as well then I really don't know what is wrong here anymore) You don't always wanna hear about sorrow and loneliness, sometimes you wanna just feel joy and positivity. Having said that she has some of the saddest song lyrics I've ever read such as 20 -cry-, last love and shounen shojou

tumblr

Last edited by Ryusei; 14th November 2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 14th November 2016, 12:29 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^yeah, maybe I just formed my sentences too harsh. She is agood lyricist, but when she is bad, she tends to be really bad. I still can#t get over the engish parts in UGLY. And I still feel that her albums up to TRUE LOVERS had more originality overall - yet LIBERTY also had that.
I really like the new singles by the way, but I prefer both b-sides over the a-side.
Old 14th November 2016, 12:32 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I feel pretty indifferent towards the single so far. I hope her next singles are more in the vein of successors to LIBERTY's sound. ^_^
Old 26th November 2016, 09:52 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

She made an Instagram post 2 hours ago:
She tries writing 2 new songs today, tomorrow there's a live performanc and the day after she has important recordings to do.
Guess it won't be too long till we get something new. She is on a roll.

(and just an hour later she posted about preparing the christmas tree... )

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 26th November 2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 26th November 2016, 10:09 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Well there is a new song aside form the new single already. The tittle is I AM and you get the song when you purchase a product from Essential https://kao-es.com/music-cp/?cid=es_...61027_11cp_top. You can also send a picture of you and have the chance to appear on the music video of that song, it isn't restricted internationally it seems so you all can participate (though it is meant towards girls).

Also, DRAMATIC LIBERTY TOUR is coming out on January 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
Could you tell me a little something about the book? I always tried to find some more information on it online but I couldnt find reviews or smth...
Well the book talks basically about a girl who is perfect and talented, she's writer who wants to write what she wants and she decided to change publishing company just because she wants to try new things. In that company she hates her manager (even punches him in the face once lol) and she is devastated. She finds love with a perfect man too and both are so happy criticizing society and staying at home doing nothing. Then he goes to London to pursue his dreams and leaving her even more devastated. Im not going to tell you the end in case you want to read it some time, but i do really hate the way she create the characters, they way she associate beauty with good and ugliness with bad, and how stupid that love story is. Seriously they met once and they are already crazy in love? don't make me laugh.
Even though I still love you Miliyah lol

Last edited by Toniayu123; 26th November 2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 26th November 2016, 10:15 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

That's why I wrote that.^^
The song with the Kao tie in was recorded some time ago, she also made a post about it.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 10th December 2016, 12:17 PM
everlasting dream Initiate

The new single was released 3 days ago. I completely forgot about it

I gave the longer previews on iTunes another listen, but this single just doesn't really do it for me. The songs are nice, but I don't like them enough to actually buy them.

I'm less critical about the lyrics now, though. Although I can't relate at all, I can appreciate how the songs are nicely interconnected. Saikou no Shiawase is about falling head of heels in love, but hints at having to hide the relationship from other people. Ai no Kuni makes it clear she's in love with a married man, but she hopes he'll pick her instead. In Maboroshi (which means "illusion") she realises she was being naive, but she's still grateful she experienced love.
Old 11th December 2016, 09:05 AM
still alone Initiate

Thank you for telling what the lyrics are about because I only listened to the single once and didn't even pay attention to the lyrics, lol. I really like the theme, actually. It's something really different, but something that still happens to people. This is why I love Miliyah. I guess Love me, hold me is the only other song she has that's thematically in this vein?
Old 5th January 2017, 08:48 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Digest of the new DVD, but we can't watch it because sony jp hates us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKKW...ature=youtu.be

Would anyone be able to upload it? I'm so eager to see ANYTHING bout this concert

edit: found it! http://www.twoeggz.com/mv/3081547.html

Last edited by Toniayu123; 5th January 2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 17th January 2017, 09:56 AM
Far away Initiate

DRAMATIC LIBERTY tour

DVD
480p
.MP4
2.77GB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...lB4aDN2ejZ5Y0E

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 18th January 2017, 02:04 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
And I'm grateful she doesn't feel the need to constantly throw in nonsensical English words like a lot of artists nowadays I'm looking at you, Kumi
It's so hilarious when J-Pop stars do that. I think Koda's gotten worse with it over the years, with songs like EX TAPE and Shh! showcasing some of her most WTFTHELYRICSARENTGOINGANYWHERE, but there are times Miliyah does it too and it can be just as funny sounding.

I will say that I love Miliyah's "Come on get your lonely" line from This Is My Party, even if it makes no sense.

And I'm sure we can all agree nothing really touches the nonsensical-ness of MIKA NAKASHIMA singing anything in English, even a textbook cover song. She somehow makes the whole thing sound like it came from space.

-> <-
Old 18th January 2017, 05:38 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Talking

thanks so much for the concert
Old 18th January 2017, 01:14 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

thanks!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 26th January 2017, 10:56 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Miliyah is singing the ending theme song of the Japanese version of Moana!
And she's releasing it as a single on March 1st.

是非チェックしてくださいね!■リリース情報
ニュー・シングル「どこまでも ~How Far I’ll Go~」
発売日:2017年3月1日(水)

初回生産限定盤(CD+DVD)ポスター型ブックレット、封入チラシ  ¥1,574+税 / SRCL-9329~30

通常盤 (CD ONLY)封入チラシ  ¥1,204+税 / SRCL-9331

<収録楽曲>
1. どこまでも ~How Far I’ll Go~ ※ディズニー映画最新作『モアナと伝説の海』エンドソング
2. I AM ※花王 エッセンシャル×加藤ミリヤ コラボソング
3. HEART BEAT -SAMBA O Rei REMIX-

「どこまでも ~How Far I’ll Go~」Music Video

You can listen to a short preview here:
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/Mi...RCL-9329_01SFL

How awesome that she's having a tie-in with Disney!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」