[Acid Black Cherry] Learn the moving story of Lーエルー in yasu's 3rd thread - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th January 2015, 08:28 PM

[Acid Black Cherry] Learn the moving story of Lーエルー in yasu's 3rd thread

New Releases
Spoiler:

[2017.06.21]Acid BLOOD Cherry

CD+DVD

CD only

Tracklist CD:

01. THE RUINER
作詞・作曲・編曲:RYO

Guitar:YUKI (DUSTAR-3 / Rayflower)
Bass , Chorus & Programming:RYO (defspiral)
Drums:YOUTH-K!!!
Strings:Mekaru Strings
Strings arrange:Rose Takano / RYO (defspiral)

02. BAD BLOOD
作詞:JUN 作曲・編曲:長野典二

Guitar:浦田尚克
Drums:KEN'ICHI (LOKA)
Loud Vocal , Bass & Programming:長野典二 (everset / Crack6 , etc.)

03. BEAST
作詞・作曲・編曲:RYO

Guitar:YUKI (DUSTAR-3 / Rayflower)
Bass & Programming:RYO (defspiral)
Drums:YOUTH-K!!!

04. crimson
作詞:室姫深 / 3+3 mimie 作曲・編曲:室姫深

Guitar & Programming:室姫深
Bass:T$UYO$HI (The BONEZ / Pay money To my Pain)
Drums:ZAX (The BONEZ / Pay money To my Pain)

05. BLACK OUT
作詞:MASA☆ 作曲・編曲:HIRO

Guitar:HIRO (La’cryma Christi)
Bass:SHUSE (†яi˘к / La’cryma Christi)
Drums:淳士 (SIAM SHADE / BULL ZEICHEN 88)
Keyboard:Rose Takano

06. Sweet dEvil
作詞:KOTO 作曲・編曲:SHUSE

Rap:KOTO

07. Forbidden Bells
作詞・作曲・編曲:Leda

Guitar, Bass & All Instruments:Leda

08. RIDE into the FATE
作詞:緋村剛 作曲・編曲:長野典二

Guitar:浦田尚克
Drums:KEN'ICHI (LOKA)
Loud Vocal , Bass & Programming:長野典二 (everset / Crack6 , etc.)

09. KEDAMONO
作詞:AKIHIDE 作曲・編曲:HIRO

Keyboards:Hal (ANCIENT MYTH)

10. Guilty Cry
作詞:JUN 作曲・編曲:tatsuo

Chorus:rei / 後藤裕美
Guitar & Programming:tatsuo
Bass:IKUO (BULL ZEICHEN 88 / Rayflower)
Drums:青山英樹
Keyboards:渡辺壮祐

Tracklist DVD:
■BAD BLOOD 【MUSIC CLIP】
■yasuと参加ミュージシャンによるスペシャル対談
・yasu × RYO (defspiral)
・yasu × 緋村剛 , tatsuo ,長野典二

About Acid Black Cherry
Spoiler:

Members:

Vocals: yasu (Janne Da Arc)

Live Support:

Guitar: AKIHIDE (BREAKERZ)
Guitar: YUKI(DUSTAR-3)
Bass: SHUSE (ex La'cryma Christi)
Drums: Jun-ji (ex Siam Shade)

ex Live Support:

Guitar: Chisato (PENICILLIN)
Drums: MAKOTO

yasu about the name "Acid Black Cherry":
(note: excerpts of the interview translations are taken from Kiku's Translations! Please have a look on this wonderful site for more ABC (and also Janne) translations.)
  • Why did you choose the name "Acid Black Cherry"?

It has to do with the overlying theme of my solo project, that being "eroticism". I thought that with such a theme, I could personally bring out my own, natural self in the best way possible. Of course, I plan to expand on this with both visual and melodic aspects. So, I chose words that would bring forth this kind of erotic atmosphere to use as my proper name for this project. Eh...also since the acronym is "ABC", too. (Laughs.)
  • As a popular alias, you go by "ABC"...it's like you're interviewing as a new artist (Laughs). So, we want to hear how you came up with that name.

Really, I was just messing around with words. (Laughs) At first, I thought, I should come up with a name that doesn't put me on the chopping block, so to speak, and that's when I thought that I should call myself something that falls into the erotic theme that I've been using. Somehow, the members of a band called "Black Cherry", with that sexual energy, would complete the vision, or something (Laughs)

Haha, it just came out of nowhere, then (Laughs). So, "c" and "d" are a representation of "cherry", did you mean it that way?

Yes. (Laughs) And then, there are words like "Acid" that we have, right? "Acid Black Cherry"... "ABC"...it sounds good in your head, doesn't it? Ah, yeah, that's good, I thought. (Laughs) The process was lighthearted like that. ABC, it's nice to keep it simple, right?
  • 生 crude, raw

There's nothing else that comes to mind to a guy when he hears the word "crude" than it, right? (Laughs.) My ideal is vulgarity! I think any guy thinks the same way when it comes to a steady girlfriend. Recently, I haven't been in love, or been to C yet, either...(Laughs)
    Eh?! Young people don't say ABC anymore?! In our day, A was kissing, B was everything that came after that, and C was sex. Man, even though I put it in my lyrics. Even though I made sure that Acid Black Cherry abbreviates as "ABC". They really don't say that anymore...eh...I feel the generation gap now...

Discography
Spoiler:

Albums

Cover Albums

Live Albums
Singles
  • [2007.07.18] SPELL MAGIC
  • [2007.09.26] Black Cherry
  • [2007.11.28] Aishitenai (愛してない; I don't love you)
  • [2008.01.16] Fuyu no Maboroshi (冬の幻; Winter's Illusion)
  • [2008.08.27] 20+∞Century Boys
  • [2008.11.26] Jigsaw (ジグソー)
  • [2009.02.18] Nemuri Hime (眠り姫; Sleeping Princess)
  • [2009.07.29] Yasashii Uso (優しい嘘; Tender Lie)
  • [2010.08.18] Re:birth
  • [2011.06.08] Shoujo no Inori III (少女の祈り III; Girl's Prayer III)
  • [2011.09.21] Pistol (ピストル)
  • [2011.10.19] Shangri-La (シャングリラ)
  • [2011.11.16] Chou (蝶; Butterfly)
  • [2011.12.21] CRISIS
  • [2012.01.18] Yes (イエス)
  • [2013.08.07] Greed Greed Greed
  • [2013.11.20] Kuroneko ~Adult Black Cat~ (黒猫 ~Adult Black Cat~; Black Cat ~Adult Black Cat~)
  • [2014.03.11] Kimi ga inai, ano hi kara... (君がいない、あの日から…; You aren't here, since that day...)
  • [2014.10.22] INCUBUS

Links
Spoiler:
Official Site

avex Official Site

Profile on generasia

Kiku's Translations - Janne Da Arc Translation Site - I love this site! It hasn't just translations of Janne Da Arc songs, it also features translations of all Acid Black Cherry songs and a lot of interviews with yasu. Especially the interviews are fun to read. I highly recommend "yasu no Saikin Donna Kanji?", it's a serial interview column with yasu from CD Data.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 10th June 2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 29th January 2015, 09:01 PM

After writing my last exam this semester I finally have my life back and here is the new thread.
Spoiler:

I summed all the info from the official website concerning the different versions of Lーエルー up. Did I got something wrong or forgot something?

The link to "Kiku's Translations" doesn't work anymore for quite a while now. y___y I'm so so soooo sad because that fansite was awesome. I hoped it would come back, but well... Does anyone know an equal awesome fansite?

Concerning Lーエルー:
I'm REALLY curious what this album will sound and look like. What I totally love about yasu's work is that he makes amazing concept albums. They're never just a bunch of songs thrown on a disc. Concept wise I love Q.E.D the most out of ABC's three studio albums. I mean, a murder story written by yasu building the basis for the songs which are character songs for the characters from the story and are the key to solve the murder case - how awesome is that???!!!
But Lーエルー seems to be as interesting concept wise as Q.E.D. I even have hopes it may be better. The concept story book thing is teasing me! xD

Packaging wise they also but a lot of effort into it, can't wait to get my hands on my (three lol) copies!

I think the album's name and therefore name of the girl is an interesting choice. Not only L as a letter doesn't exist in Japanese language so that the girl's name really stands out, its pronounciation sounds like the French pronoun "elle" (her), furthermore Elle is an actual name. That the title is written Lーエルー shows that yasu was aiming for that, because the katakana read "eru" or if you want to take L into account "elu". Looks/sounds a lot like Elle, doesn't it? =)

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 29th January 2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 29th January 2015, 09:44 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

^Thanks for the new thread, and welcome to real digital world, XD

TWICE

Old 29th January 2015, 09:47 PM

^haha thanks! xD I'm really happy to be back in the digital world! lol
Old 29th January 2015, 10:19 PM
SEASONS Initiate

thanks for the new thread I can't wait for the album!!
Old 29th January 2015, 10:45 PM

Oh, I just realised that now we have
黒猫 (Kuroneko)
Black Cat
Chat Noir

(=^●⋏●^=) nya~~~!

Maybe ~Le Chat Noir~ being a French title is a hint that it's really LーElleー, and Elle standing for "her" and the name?
Old 31st January 2015, 06:32 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

BREAKERZ's guitarist SHINPEI tweeted his late birthday well wishes to yasu

Quote:
1月27日はyasuさん、1月29日はHYDEさんのお誕生日でした。
お二方共、BREAKERZで活動するにあたって本当にお世話になっている大先輩です。
いつもBREAKERZにエネルギーを与えて下さって、ありがとうございます!
改めまして、おめでとうございます。
https://twitter.com/shinpei_brz/stat...09403073478657

And on a sidenote , right now L will most probably get #2 since now ONE OK ROCK will not release their new album on 25th Feb any longer

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 31st January 2015, 11:24 AM

Ah well right, HYDE's birthday was just two days later.

ONE OK ROCK will release their album now on the 11th, right? I'm still wishing for a miracle that yasu will get #1. Honestly, if ONE OK ROCK would get #1 instead of yasu I would be happy for them, but I don't think NEWS deserve the #1. NEWS fans will hate me, but it's not like NEWS would make amazong music or so. They're just an average boyband with average j-pop music and average talent but their agency made them what they are. I'm pissed right now... lol
Old 31st January 2015, 11:38 AM

LOL as a Johnny's fan for the longest time like ever , sorry I beg to differ . NEWS to me is 1 of the better boybands in Johnny's & Associates . At least everyone in the group can sing

And most importantly , they don't lip synch in concerts & live performances unlike ARASHI every single time

You don't want to get NEWS if not Johnny's fans angry as they can get very threatening if not possessive if you get on their nerves . I learnt that from experience & it ain't pretty

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Last edited by KarenPang; 31st January 2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 31st January 2015, 07:38 PM

Haha well, I like NEWS better than Arashi. Arashi is pretty boring to me. And I get why people like them. A good friend is a big fan of theirs.
But at the end of the day they are just a boyband and nothing more, I hope you know what I mean?
I wouldn't have anything against them getting the #1 if it would be a fair game. But NEWS sales aren't as good as yasu's the last 2 years, but they will get #1 just because Johnny's will pull an evil trick again. That's what makes me angry...

And yes... fans of boybands are mostly damn fucking crazy. x.x
Old 1st February 2015, 03:35 AM

I support/listen to almost everyone in Johnny's & Associates and yeah times like these I'm also frustrated as well

I've seen many countless times where shrewd brutal marketing from Johnny-san that just knocks the competition without any questions asked

Most if not all the time I have a love/hate relationship with Johnny's . Sometimes some of the stuff released ain't #1 worthy to me but just because they're Johnny's , they will still have an unfair advantage over almost everyone ... except for AKB48 :x

And for the record , I do feel that ARASHI deserved the success they've received as just like Namie not everyone's lucky to have a 2nd chance in surged if not higher popularity than they used to have . Only thing's that it wouldn't hurt for them to sing live for a change

Old 2nd February 2015, 04:28 AM

Finalised tracklist for the DVD contents in both CD + DVD's of L

Concert version

<DVD収録内容>
◆Acid Black Cherry “Project『Shangri-la』” LIVE
Project『Shangri-la』Encore Season アリーナツアーより
日本武道館LIVE 映像 全17 曲を全曲完全収録!
〈2014 年5 月29 日 日本武道館にて開催〉
01 Greed Greed Greed
02 Murder Licence
03 楽園
04 蝶
05 1954 LOVE/HATE
06 黒猫 ~Adult Black Cat~
07 君がいない、あの日から・・・
08 Maria
09 so…Good night.
10 ピストル
11 罪と罰 ~神様のアリバイ~
12 Black Cherry
13 シャングリラ
【Encore】
14 doomsday clock
15 scar
16 SPELL MAGIC
17 20+∞Century Boys
[102分収録]

Documentary version

<DVD収録内容>
◆Project『Shangri-la』完全密着ドキュメントムービー
2013 年8 月から2014 年6 月まで約10 ヶ月に渡り開催され、
18 万人を動員したProject 『Shangri-la』全都道府県ツアーの完全密着ドキュメント映像を収録!
約60 分に渡るドキュメント映像では、yasu のライブや作品に対するこだわりからの緊張感あ るバックステージ、
また各地でオフショットなど、ABC にとって最長ツアーとなった今プロジ ェクトの貴重映像を、yasu インタビューを交え収録!
◆シングル楽曲4 曲のMUSIC CLIP 収録
01 Greed Greed Greed【MUSIC CLIP】
02 黒猫 ~Adult Black Cat~【MUSIC CLIP】
03 君がいない、あの日から…【MUSIC CLIP】
04 INCUBUS 【MUSIC CLIP】
◆Project『Shangri-la』MC ベストセレクション
1st Season 2013/8/13 福島公演から、Final Season 2014/6/22 宮城公演までの
全61 公演分のライブMC から選りすぐりのMC を収録!(全公演分収録予 定)
[150分収録]

http://www.acidblackcherry.net/discography/

The duration for the concert feels quite .... short ? I will not be surprised if a lot of MCs are cut out but then again you get what you pay for , cost wise

Old 2nd February 2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I support/listen to almost everyone in Johnny's & Associates and yeah times like these I'm also frustrated as well

I've seen many countless times where shrewd brutal marketing from Johnny-san that just knocks the competition without any questions asked

Most if not all the time I have a love/hate relationship with Johnny's . Sometimes some of the stuff released ain't #1 worthy to me but just because they're Johnny's , they will still have an unfair advantage over almost everyone ... except for AKB48 :x

And for the record , I do feel that ARASHI deserved the success they've received as just like Namie not everyone's lucky to have a 2nd chance in surged if not higher popularity than they used to have . Only thing's that it wouldn't hurt for them to sing live for a change
I guess one can be a fan of Johnny's bands without to approve what Johnny himself does. But I can see were your love/hate relationship comes from. I would feel the same.^^
Old 3rd February 2015, 07:58 AM

Acid Black Cherry to hold free listening events for new album 'L'

Quote:
Acid Black Cherry will release his new album "L" on February 25. Prior to this release, he will hold free listening events for the album across Japan.

There will be a total of 6 events starting on February 14 at Ebisu The Garden Hall (Tokyo). In order to participate, fans must submit an application through the event's special website before February 5 at 11:59 pm.

[Acid Black Cherry 4th ALBUM "L" Listening Event]

Saturday, February 14 - Ebisu The Garden Hall (Tokyo)
Sunday, February 15 - DIAMOND HALL (Aichi)
Thursday, February 19 - DRUM LOGOS (Fukuoka)
Friday, February 20 - Fukuoka CLUB QUATTRO (Fukuoka)
Saturday, February 21 - Sapporo PENNY LANE24 (Hokkaido)
Sunday, February 22 - Osaka Business Park Engata Hall (Osaka)

*There will be 3 events at each venue starting at 12:00 pm, 3:30 pm, and 7:00 pm.
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/201...or-new-album-l

Old 3rd February 2015, 12:44 PM

That's so cool! I wished I could go! And great promotion btw.
Old 9th February 2015, 12:31 PM

Acid Black Cherry to hold a free listening event for album in 6 cities

Quote:
Acid Black Cherry will be releasing their 4th original album on 25th February titled "L -エル", and now they have announced that they will be holding a free listening event for the album in 6 different cities.

In the event you can listen to the album before it's released, and you can apply for the event in the album special site. You can find the link on the bottom of this article. Attending the event is free, so you can participate to it even if you haven't reserved the album, so feel free to apply if you happen to be around!

You can also download special ABC pictures from the site for a limited time. There are Twitter, Facebook and blog headers and covers available, so you can decorate your account with ABC!
http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/1/...m-in-6-cities/
http://www.acidblackcherry.net/
http://acidblackcherry-album-l.com/

Old 15th February 2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
【ABC】TeamABCの皆様!宇宙一ABC推しタワ池レジに何と…
\\ありやぁぁーーす!!//
でっかいyasuさん!降!臨!
タワ池はTeamABCの皆様に喜んで頂けるよう…全身全霊愛と魂を込めてL展開させて頂きやす♥川`∀´ )o
https://twitter.com/TOWER_Ikebukuro/...08697960398850

Old 15th February 2015, 04:23 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Just 10 days until the release! Can't wait!! I can't believe there isn't a single preview or CM yet...
Old 15th February 2015, 04:49 PM

^ At least they set up a special site for L

http://acidblackcherry-album-l.com/

Old 17th February 2015, 07:33 PM

I want the album now! xD
Closed Thread