New single 'Dreamed a Dream' by Tetsuya Komuro out July 31st, 2020 - Page 21 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st July 2020, 09:21 PM
appears Initiate

#6 in Recochoku daily

https://recochoku.jp/ranking/single/daily

When does Oricon update their daily numbers?
Old 31st July 2020, 09:25 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It looks like maybe 7AM Japan time? Seems to be later than normal though for today's updates.
Old 31st July 2020, 09:33 PM
ourselves Initiate

His criticism would have made more sense if he actually used some examples, but as you guys pointed out, I don't think he's actually trying to provide any real critique.

The song is self-referential in many ways and has a lot of older J-pop elements, so I guess you could say it sounds like "all of ayu's older stuff and not fresh"... Whether that's bad or good is something people will decide for themselves when they hear the song though.... I do believe the arrangement could be criticized for being too busy as many pointed out too. It would've been easy to simply drop a few instruments in the verses. That would've created more of a build-up and contrast with the chorus too.

But the composition doesn't sound like "old ayu" unless Love songs also is a part of the "old ayu" discography.

Yuta Nakano has reused a few elements from what I can hear especially from progress (the drum in the verse is basically the same as the second verse in progress, the strings and piano also similar), but the song is not building up as nicely as in progress because almost every instrument kicks in at the same time more or less.

The break down with the guitar solo sounds a lot like her early songs, to especially the I am... period.

But I think this is a good thing. Ayu tried using Western / more trendy producers / composers like Namie did, but I don't think that worked out as well for ayu most of the time (Terminal, lelio and some sweetbox tracks from (miss) understood). And none of those songs were big hits for her, and outside of the sweetbox tracks that were rearranged for her, I don't like how her voice fits the arrangement.

travel, art and food!
Old 31st July 2020, 09:37 PM
appears Initiate

Mmm I see truehappiness. I think Recochoku position for Ohia no ki came 1 hour earlier than Dreamed a Dream.
Old 1st August 2020, 12:03 AM
No way to say Initiate

I like this song but it feels like the song was made by a AI using machine learning after inserting every Ayu song into it from the last 10 years lol
Old 1st August 2020, 03:07 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
Thoughts on this post written by a J-pop critic? https://randomjpop.blogspot.com/2020...d-a-dream.html
This guy is just a hater... This has been his thing for what? A decade now?
His music taste is pretty bad aswell lol...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 1st August 2020, 03:15 AM
As if.. Initiate

So I occasionally read that blog because I actually find him funny at times. I do agree that he seems... extra critical of Ayu and has been for YEARS. But anyway - I think he's been reading this thread because he tweeted this

https://twitter.com/_RandomJ_/status...21335454236672
Old 1st August 2020, 03:24 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

6 is not bad. I take it!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 1st August 2020, 04:05 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The moment people try to bring the 'stan' thing into the conversation, it's already over. How is someone gonna use that as one of their 'points' and then violate it in the exact same tweet?

There really is a lot of positive vibes for this release overall, lots of people who want globe back though because of it as well.
Old 1st August 2020, 06:01 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Ok so... here it is hahah
Sorry I forgot FIVE and Party Queen lol
Included some others just to make them all fit nicely hahah /ocd
and again yeah I flipped some of them too

Old 1st August 2020, 07:28 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Yess illuminati queen!
Old 1st August 2020, 07:32 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelKeigo View Post

Oh, wow! Never realized she posed this way so much lol. I think FIVE looks the best.
Old 1st August 2020, 07:51 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post
So I occasionally read that blog because I actually find him funny at times. I do agree that he seems... extra critical of Ayu and has been for YEARS. But anyway - I think he's been reading this thread because he tweeted this

Lol. Way too sensitive for someone whose main selling point is making fun of artist's releases.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 1st August 2020, 09:49 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I absolutely LOVE this song! Omg GAK from the band ZAMB his remix is AMMMMMAZING! Ayu should really make that an official remix and have it released on a remix album (or on a proper single) or something in the future. Yeah I don’t know why she keeps doing that pose. Unless she’s trying to make it a callback to the Next Level era (I really get that vibe from the photo shoot).

Old 1st August 2020, 11:16 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Dreamed a Dream is at #1 on Oricon daily with 2,942 downloads.

Spoiler:
It obviously sold less than Ohia no Ki but it does have two more days for this week, so it will likely achieve a similar number/position on the weekly chart.
Sales-wise, this week's top 3 will pretty much be like the week Ohia debuted in (only two songs sold 20K+) - so Ayu should be fine, considering the other acts don't sell too much.

Last week's sales were way stronger (#1 sold 52k and the whole top 9 sold above 20k).
This week is not as strong: so far only Night Diver is above 20k, Kenshi Yonezu's song has sold 18,503 copies and Aimyon's should be above 10k. Don't have enough data for the rest.

Ayu probably wouldn't have entered the weekly top 20 last week. But this week she should manage.

In the end, this is just a prediction since we don't know how much other the rest of the songs sold. We'll see how things turn out!

(This post is a lot longer than I intended it to be LOL)

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 1st August 2020 at 12:41 PM.
Old 1st August 2020, 12:49 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post

Where is your back-bone, RandomJ, seriously. I expected more from someone who likes to be shady online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelKeigo View Post

This is so cool haha. I bet there are many many many more, but you already put so much effort into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Dreamed a Dream is at #1 on Oricon daily with 2,942 downloads.

Spoiler:
It obviously sold less than Ohia no Ki but it does have two more days for this week, so it will likely achieve a similar number/position on the weekly chart.
Sales-wise, this week's top 3 will pretty much be like the week Ohia debuted in (only two songs sold 20K+) - so Ayu should be fine, considering the other acts don't sell too much.

Last week's sales were way stronger (#1 sold 52k and the whole top 9 sold above 20k).
This week is not as strong: so far only Night Diver is above 20k, Kenshi Yonezu's song has sold 18,503 copies and Aimyon's should be above 10k. Don't have enough data for the rest.

Ayu probably wouldn't have entered the weekly top 20 last week. But this week she should manage.

In the end, this is just a prediction since we don't know how much other the rest of the songs sold. We'll see how things turn out!

(This post is a lot longer than I intended it to be LOL)
This is awesome! Congrats Ayu! She is still doing great, for someone with like zero promotion but Instagram.

Old 1st August 2020, 01:30 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Can someone remind me how much Ohia No Ki sold on oricon on the first day, please?
Old 1st August 2020, 01:33 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ According to oricon it was downloaded 5,052 times. Fingers crossed for Dreamed a Dream to reach high weekly! It deserves it!

Last edited by maxikot; 1st August 2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 1st August 2020, 01:39 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Ohh okay, thank you! so Dreamed a Dream sold about half as much I guess it's natural because Japan does seem to prefer balads after all
Old 1st August 2020, 01:43 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Also take into consideration that Ohia no Ki was her first new song since TROUBLE released.

Closed Thread

Tags
dreamed a dream, kazuyoshi shimomura, tetsuya komuro