[Article] Time Out Tokyo's James Hadfield reviews Party Queen - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 24th March 2012, 02:16 AM
Faiza Faiza is offline
too late Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
What's wrong with you people? He PRAISED the first electro tracks for being fundamentally different from kpop and for seemingly bringing something new and interesting to the Jpop scene.

He got lost at Call, which imo is incredibly understandable. As I've said from the beginning, it much more reminds me of the generic songs koda likes to sing. Not that it's a bad thing, I love me my kuukuu. But still.

The Rock section is going to be the main difference of opinion obviously. He didn't feel it was effective, and I appreciate his view being someone who is outside the Ayu fandom, as someone who isn't used to those types of songs from her.

I think it's noticeable here that he would have preferred a whole electro album.


Then he moves on to the jazz, and really, who wouldn't be blindsided by them? I was, and I've been a fan since forever :/

And if people don't agree that hbya is generic...god damn you have some bigger problems.


Yes the songs are beautiful, yes they have heartfelt lyrics. Yes, we love them. But that doesn't mean everyone has to look and appreciate those things when they listen to it. Some people are going to be in it for only the music or the casual listening, and some people aren't going to like it. Big deal.
+1
Reply With Quote
 

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, party queen


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.