New album 'Colours' out July 2nd - Page 19 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th June 2014, 04:55 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
I'm starting to warm up to Lelio's PV a bit. It's so bad it's good?

Couldn't resist making 2 gifs~
Let's do some meme (reaction GIFs) and help ayu's album sales better

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 16th June 2014, 04:56 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Lelio is not bad imo but generic yes. Don't really like the effects and her make up especially when she wears that silver hoodie. And yeah, she does look awkward with the whole dancing thingie, it may be not her thing.

Love the MGR, I like timelapse so much and I don't have to see Ayu smiles awkwardly while sketching . New FTL is also fun.
Old 16th June 2014, 05:02 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Budget cut I guess

Now waiting for the covers to decide CD or CD+BD
Old 16th June 2014, 05:05 AM
Far away Initiate

Ah, if they're going to put FTL ayupan version in the album, what about the making clip?
Old 16th June 2014, 05:39 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

TBH, I didn't really expect THAT much for her new MV's. Budget cuts everywhere! Hahaha but I'm okay with it, I still like it. I never really expected a lot for Lelios' MV~

High hopes for Angel and XOXO tho lol!
Old 16th June 2014, 05:42 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONJJONG View Post
Ah, if they're going to put FTL ayupan version in the album, what about the making clip?
I think that would be the single version 's making
Old 16th June 2014, 05:51 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
I'm starting to warm up to Lelio's PV a bit. It's so bad it's good?

Couldn't resist making 2 gifs~
I really love these.

I just loved that outfit so much

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 16th June 2014, 06:04 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post
TBH, I didn't really expect THAT much for her new MV's. Budget cuts everywhere! Hahaha but I'm okay with it, I still like it. I never really expected a lot for Lelios' MV~

High hopes for Angel and XOXO tho lol!
Angel and XOXO also... budget cut problems
Old 16th June 2014, 06:27 AM
End of the World Initiate

Leilo, WIFL and XOXO sold me on the album thankfully so I don't have to bother with PVs that are uninspired and look very dated like what we got and what we will probably get. Sad really.

That white outfit looked like a giant diaper did the Avex budget cuts include no mirrors in the changing rooms?
Old 16th June 2014, 06:45 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post
LOL No one can beat snowy kiss. At least it ain't another "Love" trilogy ^^ I'll take Lelio anyday. (But god I hated the MV rofl). At least this isn't as bad as the my name's WOMEN MV, that was really REALLY awkward imo.
MNW is one of her best PV,nothing awkward there,its just that the song is a bit repetitve for me, and nerd ayu FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
OMG with the Lelio PV..so dissapointing...Avex please put Namie creative director and the budget you gave to Namie on making Neonlight Lipstick PV please..

MGR new PV has up and down...i still prefer the original..
FTL is the best so far...i think its good and so much fun..

well..i'm ready for anything, i'm still loving the song
for Neonlight Lipstick PV, a part from it had nothing to do with the song, theres hole in the story line too, so I wouldnt say it that perfect;

To be honest,its good to see Ayu has this kind of PV, yes at first it reminds me a lot of Namie's PV style, the main problem here for me is, ayu's BEEN HOLDING HERSELF here that made her look awkward. she can do it all hot and sexy like she did in her live perfs, like Eyes Smoke Magic and the next LOVE in AT12, Identity in AT09 and also she did the fierce dance in RUle PV, so even shes not a dance she still can do better for me.

and haha yeah I hate that white outfit ,she looks like shes weearing a diapers

for MGR PV, i loved the Ayu painter scene more that made more sense to the bittersweetness of the song
Old 16th June 2014, 08:01 AM
until that Day… Initiate

i kinda like Lelio PV though it's not that awesome..it's just an ok PV..
FTL..not rly like animated music video..always wanna see ayu in it haha..
MGR.. It's beautiful PV.. though i actually wish ayu would be the white chick at the PV who finally met up with VERBAL at the end.
did they film VERBAL part in HK? coz i saw a famous HK building on one of the scenes.
Old 16th June 2014, 08:20 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Just managed to watch the pv on my cellphone. Seriously, reading the comments I was expecting something a lot worse, it's not that bad...
Surely they could have made a much better edition for the background, but I kinda like Ayu's energy in the pv.

And her body looks just fantastic

Old 16th June 2014, 08:40 AM
End of the World Initiate

Haaaa how cringe. She is not a good enough dancer for this PV, it looks so awkward.

I had so much second hand embarrassment watching it.
Old 16th June 2014, 08:46 AM
Dolls Initiate

Going through her videography you will find more meaningless (or cliche) videoes even she was on the top of her carrier
(like Daybreak - she looked amazing but she just went through road, lol, like Bold&Delicious Pride thing (jeez, I love her dark hair in that era but the hairstyle was ridicolous on that one), like Lady Dynamite, like NEXT LEVEL, Curtain call, vogue-Far Away-SEASONS, Born to be... don't even start with LOVEppears and ASfXX era )

(and well I hated crossroad PV too - she looked like CG graphic but the concept was nice tbh. )

this one may look cheap but tbh I prefer this one than Shake it and NaNaNa. She TRIED too much in those two. She wanted to look so trashy, so fun.... Now she may looks a bit ridiculous yet funny xD She isn't sexy, but her tomboy-teeneger look is cute (in that good way, like from MATERIAL GIRL clothing era) She dance a little awkward but well, she always does She moves fierce when she is performing epic rock songs. (AND IN SPARKLE. yes.)
Old 16th June 2014, 09:10 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I never understood why people dislike Daybreak...

I think it was executed amazingly well. One shot, eerie scenery, strange/ghostly clothing, fog, no one else around, great lighting--completely different than anything else in her videography. I love that video and remix haha.

I guess it's just a personal taste thing.

I wouldn't have disliked Lelio if it was executed better. Selena Gomez has a video for Naturally with a kind of similar concept that was done muuch better.

Ayu's no dancer, and so a video highlighting her lack of dance skills just doesn't work well... Her previous dancey videos were far more choreographed and believable. But her energy and effort just looks low to me here.

I gladly wasn't expecting much for Lelio, but like... I haven't wanted to show my friends an Ayu video since like...Microphone? Lol

Perhaps HQ will increase the watchability factor? Haha

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 16th June 2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:36 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ Daybreak PV isn't bad in my opinion, I'm just comparing with all the expectations for this album PV's. I like PV's were she just stands looking pretty/weird etc. (HANABI ~episode II~ is amazing lol.) I prefer that than lovey stories (You&Me~snowy kiss~Wake me up drama, Distance love, Virgin Road - but in this one I loved the death concept in Love song.)
Old 16th June 2014, 09:38 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I love Daybreak PV^^
But I think my 2 faves are still forgiveness + HEAVEN. forgiveness is one of her less good storie PVs and looks also amazing visually. And HEAVEN is just lieke Daybreak, so simple yet so powerful.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 16th June 2014, 09:53 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ well those two are those PV where the "good looking ayu" isn't the main factor. in Daybreak she look kinda thriller-ghost like, in HEAVEN she look just normal - she isn't THAT important in that scene, mainly emotions and backround. I can't stand the PV where the only thing about the PV is her looking pretty or/with nice backround (NEXT LEVEL, Sweet scar, Merry-go-round, Curtain call, CAROLS, Born to be..., )

Last edited by pepper; 16th June 2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 16th June 2014, 10:41 AM
As if.. Initiate

Lelio : I feel like I watched something from the 90's, so dated, not that well executed, 2 more dancers to fill the space could had be nice. Her dancing is awkward, even for club, quite embarrassing to watch. And damn, the silver diapers!!!! Why not a regular silver hot pants ???
Seriously, even a PV in a club with her performing the song on a small stage, her and the crowd having fun would had been better.

MGR : I prefer the single version.

FTL : So fun, it's so cool that it almost makes me like a tiny little bit the song!
Old 16th June 2014, 10:57 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I just really like Ayu's energy in the Lelio PV. If she had busted out serious dance moves, yes that would have been cool but it wouldn't have felt like the Ayu I remember. She looked great and in command of her PV performance. And what choreography that she does do, it's not outside of my rhythmless self to try to do on my own!

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, colours