ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ information thread [II] - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th July 2012, 04:57 PM
GREEN Initiate

Man, my dream
Last angle
july 1st
Letter
call
Boys and Girls
How beautiful you are

:in long I know!::
Old 21st July 2012, 11:30 AM
YOU Initiate

Hello
I am going to Shizuoka next week for HLS.
Gonna buy the Super Ayu photo book and will scan and share it with you all for sure.

Few questions.
1. Is the book limited that I need to line up in the early morning for it?

2. My seat is at the very back (Row 55) of the arena. Probably the last few rows.
Did anyone of you can share your experience of sitting at the arena? Is it possible that ppl in the front would COMPLETELY block your view and you can hardly see the stage lol?

Thank you so much!
Old 21st July 2012, 11:54 AM
BALLAD Initiate

^to play safe, I would suggest you to start queuing maybe around 10am, just bring along some snacks and drinks.

My Instagram

Old 21st July 2012, 01:52 PM
SCAR Initiate

Just saw the Osaka show. My first ayu concert. Amazing! Will do a full review when I return home.

Guess everyone wants to know the encore set list:
HANABI
Greatful Days
Boys & Girls
How beautiful you are
Old 21st July 2012, 01:59 PM
glitter Initiate

Wowowow, nice to see another Aussie fellow attending an ayu concert! So amazing *o*
Old 21st July 2012, 02:18 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

HANABI *_*

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 21st July 2012, 02:26 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Just saw the Osaka show. My first ayu concert. Amazing! Will do a full review when I return home.

Guess everyone wants to know the encore set list:
HANABI
Greatful Days
Boys & Girls
How beautiful you are
thank you! woow! Hanabi and Greatful days,i guess it's been a while she didnt sing this song at her concert,since she always sing it at a nation
Old 21st July 2012, 02:45 PM
Don't look back Initiate

omgosh HANABI!!!! its so amazing that...you go for ur first ayu concert and she sings one of the most classic songs in J-POP SUMMER HISTORY *.*
Old 21st July 2012, 03:57 PM
GREEN Initiate

HANABI!
AWESOME!
Old 21st July 2012, 04:06 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

OMG!!! HANABI n Greatful Days.. pure loves!! u r soo lucky! guess she's starting to promote A SUMMER BEST
Old 21st July 2012, 05:01 PM
YOU Initiate

Awesome So lucky you are

btw. Wanna know did anything sold out today?
Old 21st July 2012, 05:08 PM
Lelio Protector

Wow!! July 1st, HANABI and BLUE BIRD! I really hope we get all these performances on the blu-ray XD
Old 21st July 2012, 05:18 PM
No way to say Initiate

HANABI
Old 21st July 2012, 05:54 PM
ayu trance Initiate

wow Hanabi when was the last time she perform this song ? 2008

(I'm still waiting for Hanabi II ep...)

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 21st July 2012, 06:37 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

omg HANABI :O I hope she did a better job than she did with it on the AT08 DVD. It was kinda bleh there.
Old 21st July 2012, 10:27 PM
Lelio Protector

Well End roll was better than HANABI but it wasn't that bad... It just sounded a bit weepy.
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:59 AM
SCAR Initiate

Back from a day hunting down tickets to her second concert in Osaka. Not fun. All we managed to find was overpriced seat tickets 20 minutes before the concert was to start. Doesn't matter, had that one experience and it was amazing enough. So I'm not sure if she changed the encore today.

My first impressions of the show when it started... it was so big. Huge. I was scared I was not going to like it because of this. It didnt feel personal at the start in the slightest. The opening song "Happening Here" was so grand, so many things going on stage that it didn't feel like it mattered who was watching it. After being a fan for 8 or so years, my expectations were sky high. But a few songs in, that all changed. Ayu's level of crowd interaction with a huge arena is nothing short of outstanding. I think everyone there felt like they were part of the show and not just another number or tour stop by the end.

My favourite performances were Return Road and of course HANABI. When she announced she was performing that song the crowd collectively gasped, lol. It was just her on stage, and Yo-chan came up for a portion of it to perform a guitar solo. They changed the arrangement a little bit.

Party Queen was another highlight, loved the "I am a lonely queen" section.

There was only one lowlight for me... Ladies Night. She sang with the awful cutesy voice. Otherwise her vocals were really good, there a few "wow" moments when I realised just how powerful her vocals can be that can only come across when seeing her live in the flesh.

The theme for the show was so well executed.

Had amazing seats in the 8th row on the floor towards the far right side of the stage. Ayu got within 20 or so metres on a few occasions. She was never far away, had a great view of the catwalk and all. Unfortunently I was on the side where Timmy was stationed. An annoying distraction to th overall show and TERRIBLE live vocals. Didnt think it was possible to hate him any more but here we are. The crowd never once cheered for him loudly when he came forward to sing or when Ayu announced him as part of the band. Pretty telling of her Japanese fans attitude towards him.

Not sure what else to say that hasn't already been mentioned. Other than the initial scare at the start, the show met all of my expectations and exceeded them. Even if I never get to see Ayu live again, I'm glad I'll have this one live experience to always look back on. Awesome to sum it up in one word.

Last edited by Tony G; 22nd July 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 22nd July 2012, 03:04 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Great review!! So glad so enjoyed the show and have such high praise for it
I would really LOVE to catch this on Blu-ray already hahah!
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:49 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Back from a day hunting down tickets to her second concert in Osaka. Not fun. All we managed to find was overpriced seat tickets 20 minutes before the concert was to start. Doesn't matter, had that one experience and it was amazing enough. So I'm not sure if she changed the encore today.

My first impressions of the show when it started... it was so big. Huge. I was scared I was not going to like it because of this. It didnt feel personal at the start in the slightest. The opening song "Happening Here" was so grand, so many things going on stage that it didn't feel like it mattered who was watching it. After being a fan for 8 or so years, my expectations were sky high. But a few songs in, that all changed. Ayu's level of crowd interaction with a huge arena is nothing short of outstanding. I think everyone there felt like they were part of the show and not just another number or tour stop by the end.

My favourite performances were Return Road and of course HANABI. When she announced she was performing that song the crowd collectively gasped, lol. It was just her on stage, and Yo-chan came up for a portion of it to perform a guitar solo. They changed the arrangement a little bit.

Party Queen was another highlight, loved the "I am a lonely queen" section.

There was only one lowlight for me... Ladies Night. She sang with the awful cutesy voice. Otherwise her vocals were really good, there a few "wow" moments when I realised just how powerful her vocals can be that can only come across when seeing her live in the flesh.

The theme for the show was so well executed.

Had amazing seats in the 8th row on the floor towards the far right side of the stage. Ayu got within 20 or so metres on a few occasions. She was never far away, had a great view of the catwalk and all. Unfortunently I was on the side where Timmy was stationed. An annoying distraction to th overall show and TERRIBLE live vocals. Didnt think it was possible to hate him any more but here we are. The crowd never once cheered for him loudly when he came forward to sing or when Ayu announced him as part of the band. Pretty telling of her Japanese fans attitude towards him.

Not sure what else to say that hasn't already been mentioned. Other than the initial scare at the start, the show met all of my expectations and exceeded them. Even if I never get to see Ayu live again, I'm glad I'll have this one live experience to always look back on. Awesome to sum it up in one word.
I felt the same way. Ladies night was the only performance that simply felt boring compared to everything else and the song just isn't that much fun live for some reason. Or at least it wasn't fun compared to Shake It!, STEP you, Sparke or SURREAL for instance.

I was also surprised how powerful can Ayu actually sound. Sometimes the DVDs just don't do her justice.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd July 2012, 09:10 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it's just got more of an attitude in the studio version that eventually became "cutesy" as she performed it more as opposed to sexy or cool.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, arena tour 2012, hotel love songs, party queen