[project] Ayu Subbing Team - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 14th February 2013, 04:43 AM
Daybreak Initiate

[project] Ayu Subbing Team

So, with the 15th anniversary, I think now would be a good a time as any to get this underway. Deli and I subbed the NTV 2004 special a few years ago, and it was met with great success. Unfortunately, we found out two things: 1.) just two people working on a project is f'n exhausting, and 2.) soft subs are a no-no. Someone ended up coloring ours and hardsubbing it to the video, then proceeded to upload it to YouTube without any credit. I think it's still up there actually, 4 years later.

Anyway, point being: have you guys seen the K-pop communities? It's insane how much stuff they have subbed, even for the new-and-upcoming groups. And it saddens me that we can't get one started for our precious Ayu, who's been around for 15 years.

Well, that's all about to change. Loon and I have discussed, and we've decided to take it upon ourselves to start a group. But like I mentioned before, we can't do it with two people. Here's what we have so far:

tasking (hi! ^^): graphics & promotion, uploading
Loon: timing, editing, and Quality Control
ExodusUK: timing, encoding
AyuWorld: timing
chocopockymaster, music_*, Delirium-Zer0, majrakun: Japanese translation
pommy, music_*, alternarist: Chinese translation

We need the following:

-We have translators, but we could always use moar!

-I'd say at least one more person to help me with my stuff, though it's not really required. At least if I'm not around, you can promote on Twitter, etc.

-And obviously, if you feel you can help out Loon or any of the others with any of their positions, that'd be most welcome too.

I should add that the PVs will be low priority, considering that any one of us can easily use the translations provided here at AHS and add them to a video. In fact, I believe secesae has already been doing so. But anything else is fair game!

Please use this thread to discuss, suggest and ask us any questions you may have, as well as apply for the positions mentioned. Thanks in advance for your interest!

Ayu official wallpapers in widescreen
♥ Mrs. Kwon Jiyong since 10/21/12 ♥

Last edited by tasking; 7th May 2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 3rd April 2013, 04:44 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Are you guys still looking for translators?
Old 3rd April 2013, 06:46 PM
Prologue Initiate

I suggest you PM tasking about it. I'm still up for it

EDIT: sooooo glad to see a reply, hahaha
Old 4th April 2013, 08:00 AM
Daybreak Initiate

^ Right? I PM'ed you back in excitement, choco hahaha~ but now remains the question, what should we start with? Maybe makings of?

Old 4th April 2013, 08:50 AM
No way to say Initiate

I can't translate but I will be happy to do timings (so for example if a translator was to provide a transcript) and encoding for videos, I think my Japanese knowledge can stretch far enough to know when sentences begin, end and I can recognise some words.
Old 4th April 2013, 08:53 AM
Trauma Initiate

I wish my Japanese was strong enough to be a translator
Old 4th April 2013, 12:51 PM
Prologue Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasking View Post
but now remains the question, what should we start with? Maybe makings of?
We should assemble a group before thinking about what project to start first. I do think it's a good idea to start with makings of. They're interesting and short - a nice way for everyone in the group to get an insight in the whole process before starting longer shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
I can't translate but I will be happy to do timings (so for example if a translator was to provide a transcript) and encoding for videos, I think my Japanese knowledge can stretch far enough to know when sentences begin, end and I can recognise some words.
I think we could definitely use your help. At this time, though, finding a translator is a priority (as we can't do a thing without that one crucial person). So once we get that done, expect a PM (soon, I hope).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikocchi View Post
I wish my Japanese was strong enough to be a translator
There's more than one position in a subbing group. If you really want to help (supposing you have no previous subbing experience), I suggest you download Aegisub and try playing around with the program (timing is probably the easiest to learn). You can find tutorials easily (even on youtube). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Last edited by A Loon; 4th April 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 4th April 2013, 01:27 PM
ourselves Initiate

hye everyone, iv been thinking this since i saw the thread, but im just not sure if i have time to do the work, im kinda busy with mu final year,and when im starting my practical,i guess im going to have lots of works to do.

but i really wish to understand what ayu said, especially in her MCs sessions,like 10 >.<

if you know, i made the subs for AT09 before,for the MC part, so i maybe can help with the timing team i dont understand japanese though.
Old 4th April 2013, 07:25 PM
Daybreak Initiate

^ Oh crap, yeah! I forgot about the MCs! Those will definitely be on our "to-do" list. I don't think we should do the whole concerts (like with the lyric translations and everything) cuz people can easily look them up if they wanna know what the song means, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Loon View Post
We should assemble a group before thinking about what project to start first. I do think it's a good idea to start with makings of. They're interesting and short - a nice way for everyone in the group to get an insight in the whole process before starting longer shows.
Hahaha, yeah, don't mind me. After I sent that, I was like, "Oh, maybe we should actually come up with a name and work on the website first." XD

Quote:
I added choco to the first post as a translator; would you like me to add you as a timer/encoder?

Old 4th April 2013, 08:02 PM
ourselves Initiate

^

yepp her MCs in AT 10,what i meant >.< are interesting to watch an funny!
Old 4th April 2013, 08:57 PM
Replace Initiate

I can really only do translations from text since my reading is alright but my listening is AWFUL. I can do listening translations but not at length since they take me forever to listen to & understand. So if there's anyone who's good at transcription but not translation (skilled at Japanese but not English), that would be a huge help for me and I could contribute more.
Old 4th April 2013, 09:56 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasking View Post
^ Oh crap, yeah! I forgot about the MCs! Those will definitely be on our "to-do" list. I don't think we should do the whole concerts (like with the lyric translations and everything) cuz people can easily look them up if they wanna know what the song means, you know?

Hahaha, yeah, don't mind me. After I sent that, I was like, "Oh, maybe we should actually come up with a name and work on the website first." XD

I added choco to the first post as a translator; would you like me to add you as a timer/encoder?
Yes just as a timed/encoder please!

There's a Japanese fansite with written transcripts of Ayu's tv appearances but I can't remember what it's called.
Old 4th April 2013, 10:11 PM
No way to say Initiate

Also a Chinese translator could be handy too, the CCTV interview from 2007 is in Chinese and yet to be translated.
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3079630/...ew_part_1_of_3

Plus OS editions of DVDs have Chinese subtitles for behind the scenes and makings ofs..I think there are quite a few groups in the Chinese Ayu fan community that translate Japanese to Chinese.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 4th April 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 4th April 2013, 11:54 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
There's a Japanese fansite with written transcripts of Ayu's tv appearances but I can't remember what it's called.
monochrome? I found this, it's too bad it's a very limited list, but Deli this could come in handy for you.

http://monochrome0408.web.fc2.com/PC/TV/TV-TALK.HTM

Quote:
Also a Chinese translator could be handy too, the CCTV interview from 2007 is in Chinese and yet to be translated.
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3079630/...ew_part_1_of_3

Plus OS editions of DVDs have Chinese subtitles for behind the scenes and makings ofs..I think there are quite a few groups in the Chinese Ayu fan community that translate Japanese to Chinese.
Yeah, I was just thinking of that earlier. It's not such a big problem with the concert MCs, I can easily listen to those and understand them, but with things like the making ofs...sometimes the audio quality is ATROCIOUS and it's just so difficult to hear what they're saying. :/ Unfortunately, I don't speak Chinese, haha. So yeah, having a C/E translator would be a great help!
Old 5th April 2013, 03:44 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Since tasking asked, I can translate the Chinese stuff
Old 5th April 2013, 03:51 AM
Daybreak Initiate

WOOT! Added you to the first post

EDIT: Exo, I tried PM'ing you, but it says you exceeded your quota. We have a Facebook group going for the subtitling team so it's easier for everyone to collaborate. Give me your address and I'll add you to it! ^^

Last edited by tasking; 5th April 2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old 5th April 2013, 08:22 AM
ourselves Initiate

if you guys need any more person in timing team, i can help with

and also i have the Arena tour 10 idx subs file for the chinese subs, i just dont know how to extract it so if anyone know,that would be easier too
Old 5th April 2013, 07:09 PM
Daybreak Initiate

^Great! I'll go ahead and add you to our group too

Old 6th April 2013, 08:17 PM
No way to say Initiate

tasking I cleared some PMs~
Old 7th April 2013, 04:05 AM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
I can really only do translations from text since my reading is alright but my listening is AWFUL. I can do listening translations but not at length since they take me forever to listen to & understand. So if there's anyone who's good at transcription but not translation (skilled at Japanese but not English), that would be a huge help for me and I could contribute more.
This sounds like something I can do! I've been learning Japanese for a while though I had to take a break since I started my internship. Basically on the level of 'I can speak it, I can converse with people in Japanese, but listening to native speakers is still pretty tough'. Hopefully this would reduce my rustiness with the language. Man, a few weeks without the classes and I'm already bad! Just recently passed JLPT N5 as well, not sure if that means anything, hahaha.

(I've been inactive in a while, pretty much a lurker now, so yeah. Hi!)

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai